News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

T

Seeking a good quality Monoclonius / Centrosaurus model or scuplt

Started by Tylosaurus, March 24, 2012, 03:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tylosaurus

Hi all :)

Does anyone know what brand makes good models or scupts of the Monoclonius aka Centrosaurus?
It's my favorite Ceratopsian, Monoclonius is the name I know him best has :) Monoclonius and I go back a long away even before I got involved with the Dino-Riders - Rulon Monoclonius with Mako of 1987 :D

So if any of you have some good idea's please do post!  8) *orthocone*

Blade-of-the-Moon

I grew up with Monoclonius myself and am loathe to call it by any other name..lol

Not one per say but close..Krentz's Einiosaurus :

..some kit builders can modify that horn as well. ;)

I found these guys but I'm not sure if you can still get them easily :

Centro by Jorge Blanco

Centro by TheDinosaurStudio.com

Papo conversion.

Tylosaurus

ZOMG! they are all awesome man damn haha Tylo drools :D

Kinda of interesting that some have the horn pointing forewards and the other backwards, makes me wonder how was the horn officially placed?
Did Styracosaurus have this also as the nose horn goes?

This has always baffled my mind :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 24, 2012, 05:05:43 PM

Kinda of interesting that some have the horn pointing forewards and the other backwards, makes me wonder how was the horn officially placed?

I'm not sure..I know David mentioned that for the Eino he gave it that little curve on purpose..I believe because it was younger ?

Maybe it changes as they mature ?

I have a better pic of the Eino if want it..that's just one of mine I took in the woods last summer.. ;D

Tylosaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

paleoferroequine

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 24, 2012, 05:05:43 PM

Seems there is a lot of variation in skulls, some have no brow horns while other have short ones and nasal horns range from backward pointing to forward, age of individual, location and geologic time probably are reasons. Of course as we suspect, who knows how complete these skulls are and how much is guess work and added on. :-\ It does seem as more of them point forward. Styracosaurus doesn't seem to be as variable, but a little.

Tylosaurus

My first thought was that the ones with the horns pointing forward + the extra ones above their eyes were the males and the females were the ones with less details, thus being also less featured, so that they may have been the ones with the horn pointing backwards and without the eyebrow horns?

But it seems that later finds with the horns facing either forewards and backwards had them eye brow horns alike.

But after rethinking this today, still they may have a sex difference, the females with the better horns to protect their young and the males with the forward horns for a better display? Just a thought that came to mind atm.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.