News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Weavers' Collection

Started by Weaver, March 24, 2012, 10:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

It's your friendly neighborhood Weaver here and with a new forum comes  a new group picture of my little collection.

About the dinosaurs (and not quite-dinosaurs):
-The Brachiosaurus in the back is the Dor Mei Brachiosaurus (1986). Stands about 12-13 inches tall. Hollow soft-plastic.
-Generic Theropod in the waay back (behind the Microraptor). Hollow soft-plastic. Made in China. I know nothing about it.
-Carnegie Microraptor by Safari (2005).
-Carnegie Ptetranodon by Safari (1988).
-Carnegie Stegosaurus by Safari (1988). Has the 1996 repaint.
-Ugliest Psittacosaurus toy ever.  It is from a collection of toy dinosaurs that could be found inside stickers surpirse packages after the first JP movie came out. Got this as a birthday/Christmas present from Terazed on deviantArt. Soft solid plastic with wired limbs that bend.
-Carnegie Parasaurolophus by Safari (1989).
-Carnegie Elasmosaurus by Safari (1990).
-Carnegie Amargasaurus by Safari (2006).

I swear I'm not collecting just Carnegie or Safari. I can't help it... they're so pretty and charming. I love all dinosaurs and non-dinos. However, I am just cannot find it in me to get excited about tyrannosaurs... I'd rather have the little or more unuaual theropods in my collection.
~Weaver

Tylosaurus

Nice collection mate it's a good start in the right direction!

btw Dor Mei Co. = U.K.R.D. Same company they also made a lot of them Godzilla Dragons:
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-dor-mei-co-hong-kong-14-149869413

Dor Mei U.K.R.D. was famous in the 1980's to Mid 1990's.

Weaver

@Tylosaurus: Really? I did not know that. For some-reason I thought Chap Mei was related. So cool! Thank you Tylosaurus.

Tylosaurus

Yeah no worries mate hehe, I used to be a die hard collector in the 80's to mid 90's you can check my gear here:
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,141.0.html

Weaver

Alright, first time ordering dinos instead of going into a store to buy them and I got a pair of teeny-tiny-saurs. There's the SUE at the Field Anotitan and the Wild Safari Leptoceratops. I love these little guys. <3

Tyrannosaurid lover

Quote from: Weaver on April 12, 2012, 08:24:16 PM

Alright, first time ordering dinos instead of going into a store to buy them and I got a pair of teeny-tiny-saurs. There's the SUE at the Field Anotitan and the Wild Safari Leptoceratops. I love these little guys. <3
I didnt have idea that Edmonto was soo small!!!!!
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

mnemosaurus

^-^ Nice!

The Leptoceratops and Anatotitan are super cute! They are among my favorites  :-*

Weaver

@Tyrannosaurid Lover: I know the deal about the Anatosaurus, Anatotitan becoming Edmontosaurus but I think I'll keep calling this little fellow an Anatotitan just because he's so tiny compared to the proper Edmontosaurus relased by Wild Safari.
He is tiny indeed! The model created for SUE at the Field is very small but rather long at 6 inches long, 1.75 inches high. Compare that to the Wild Safari Edmontosaurus at 5.5 inches long and 3.25 inches high. It's rather nice to have a few smaller pieces and especially with how well-done this little guy is... he's worth it.

But yes, very tiny Anato/Edmonto figure. XD

@Mnemosaurus: I saw both of them for way cheap and checked for a review on the DTFBlog and that convinced me that these were a good buy and gosh, I don't know which I like more, the Lepto or the Anato. XD

Harukin

Nice additions! Where on Earth did you find that Anatotitan? I have been looking for Sue Anatotitan and Torosaurus but they both have been discontinued  :-\

Weaver

@Harukin: I got mine through Totally Animals Toys online-store here: http://www.totallyanimalstoys.biz/wisadico.html A pretty good deal in my opinion. ;) They don't have the Toro though. I remember going to see SUE when she was first unveiled (hooray for living in the Chicago-suburbs at the time) and I wanted those figures. Alas, it did not happen back then. :/