News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Greetings from the Morrison Formation...

Started by Georassic, September 09, 2013, 10:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georassic

...or somewhere close by. I live in Colorado, USA, and I have been a dino-geek since my earliest childhood. But I started collecting only recently--less than a year ago. I think it was triggered by becoming a first-time father in my mid-40s. Like it sent parts of me back to childhood. :D My wife lets me buy only so many toys for myself, so I try to be selective about the models I buy. That's how I discovered this site... All of you who write reviews are a godsend to laymen collectors like me. If I'm considering a model for my "wish list," first thing I do is check this blog to see if it's been reviewed. So thanks!!!

Gwangi

Welcome to the site. I'm glad the reviews and blog have been so helpful to you. The blog itself was one of my triggers for collecting. I read the reviews that exist for every figure I buy and if there is no review, sometimes I write one.

Georassic

Thanks Gwangi. I wouldn't feel qualified to review a model anywhere near the level of anatomical detail you folks examine. :-) But I am still amazed at all the new species available, compared to my childhood Marx toys and Aurora models.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.