News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Oooh I got a story to tell:
I got this neighbor who has these 2 bulldogs. One time i was riding my bike and the dog started to chase me. Slobber started coming from its mouth. I was more worried about the bike's wheel hurting the dog. I was also worried that the dog might actually get me, but just slobber all over me instead of bite. Luckily i was going to fast so he just went back away

Have you ever tried to kung fu kick a goose in defense

Newt

I don't know about kung fu kicking, but I've kicked geese. When I was a kid my parents were into keeping poultry; we ate a few eggs, but it was mainly a hobby thing. We had Chinese white and African grey geese, and they could be cantankerous, especially when they had goslings. An enraged goose is pretty terrifying to a six-year-old! So yes, I kicked them a few times. I'm not proud. They more than got their own back, though.

Have you ever raised tadpoles and watched them metamorphose into frogs?

Subduction

No, but that sounds cool.

Have you ever rescued a wild animal because it was injured/sick/etc. and released it back into the wild?

Stegotyranno420

No but i'd love to help

Have you ever reunited a owner with their pet

Dusty Wren

Yep; an unaccompanied corgi followed me and my dog home from one of our walks. He came right in through my front door and immediately went over to inspect my dog's food bowl. I poured him some water and went back outside to look for his owner. Ran into a panicked guy who was carrying a leash and calling for his dog a couple of blocks away. Turns out the corgi bolted out the door while he was bringing in groceries. 

Have you ever driven in a snow storm?
Check out my customs thread!

Stegotyranno420

Yes
Spoiler
on a bike, i got no driver's license
[close]

Also, good story about the corgi :) :)

Have you ever eaten a food you always found disgusting or lame and found out it was delicious

I used to dislike peanut butter. But, One time, I accidentally have peanut butter cookies, and my god they were tasty. But I did not want to seem white-washed in front of my family so I hid my craving. Turns out my dad, a rather traditional and cultural person, loved peanut butter, and he asked me if I wanted peanut butter. I was shocked, but it was a good type. This goes to show, you can never judge a person's dignity by what they eat, unless if its like dog or human meat, then they are probably craz-o

Halichoeres

Lots of non-crazy people eat dog; that's not a universal taboo.

I was surprised that I liked baked goods made with cricket flour. Really quite good.

Have you ever fallen asleep during a one-on-one conversation?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Subduction

No, but I've fallen asleep in front of a professor, which was really embarrassing. :'D

Have you ever been to Disneyworld?

Stegotyranno420

No

Have you ever been forced to say something you don't agree with

Subduction

Yes, it happens a lot with a friend of mine. It also doesn't help that I have trouble with confrontations in general.

Have you ever been stung by a jellyfish?

Lanthanotus

No, but we`ve used beached ones as frisbees when I was a kid :D ( think it were harmless Aurelia aurita)

Have you ever put coins on the railway tracks to have them flattened by a train?

Shonisaurus

No, I never have much appreciation for my life to put coins on the railroad track.

Have you ever seen a person with a totally disfigured face on the street?

Subduction

I wouldn't say completely disfigured but yes.

Have you ever been to the Bahamas?

indohyus

Sadly no.

Have you ever released animals into the wild?

Lanthanotus

Yes,... as a child I got two... oh whatever rodents these were... gerbisl maybe?... I got them withot permission of my parents and my mother would not thave those in the house... so I carried them to the near forest and intended to feed and care for them, their cardboardbox serving as a temporary cage until I could find a permanent solution. Neendless to say they bit their way out of the box within the day and were gone... oh stupid child I was. Now... I also released some animals that were intend to live were they were released for I either raised them (some birds) or relocated them to prevent them from being dug out/buriying by construction equipment (amphibians and reptiles).

Have you ever forged red-hot iron?

Newt

Yes. I haven't done any proper smithing, but I have done some redneck ironwork with a plumber's torch, the anvil built into my bench vise, and a crosspeen hammer.

Have you ever learned something that made you see one or both of your parents in a different light?

Wallnut

No

Have you ever saw a pacific white sided dolphin?

Subduction

No, but that would be cool.

Have you ever been stung by a bee/wasp/etc.?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Yes, by a wasp, in a supermarket when I was about 13. And another around the same time in a park or zoo.

Have you ever seen a basking shark?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

I wish

have you ever ate pineapple cakes
Spoiler
WARNING:THEY ARE NOT GOOD AT ALL!
[close]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: