News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Wren

Oh, yeah. In the last fifteen years or so, developers have snapped up any bit of land in my hometown that wasn't currently occupied by buildings and plopped down McMansions and luxury apartment complexes. We lost a couple of local farms, an outdoor theater space, a woodsy backroad area, you name it. Every time I visit my folks these days I get a little depressed by how little green space is left.

Have you ever been to a midnight showing of a movie?
Check out my customs thread!

Duna

Quote from: Dusty Wren on February 12, 2022, 05:21:38 PM
Oh, yeah. In the last fifteen years or so, developers have snapped up any bit of land in my hometown that wasn't currently occupied by buildings and plopped down McMansions and luxury apartment complexes. We lost a couple of local farms, an outdoor theater space, a woodsy backroad area, you name it. Every time I visit my folks these days I get a little depressed by how little green space is left.

Have you ever been to a midnight showing of a movie?
Once, and it was ... JURASSIC PARK, OF COURSE!  :)) It's the only midnight movie I've seen. It was a summer outside cinema, in Benidorm, while we were on holidays. I was 11 (yes, JP is for 13 or more) and it was a double session and I begged my parents to watch it twice!! That was a amazing experience. It looked a lot like the scene in Dominion, but without rex. We were sitting on wooden chairs, and it cost less than 3€.

Have you ever eaten snails? I have (sea snails and earth snails, but not my favourite food).

BlueKrono

Yes, we have a tradition of eating escargot pizza every Valentines Day (excited for Monday!)! We shape it like a heart and top it with chopped snails, marinara, and tons of garlic butter. It's to die for.

Have you ever spent longer than one minute in ice water?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

indohyus

Thankfully no.

Have you ever been knocked over by a pet?

Stegotyranno420

No. Now I'm curious what kind of pet you have that knocked you down? A horse or large dog perchance? Or something else

Have you ever hit a volleyball so hard you were banned from playing because people thought you might injure someone or break something?

indohyus

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 12, 2022, 09:39:40 PM
No. Now I'm curious what kind of pet you have that knocked you down? A horse or large dog perchance? Or something else

To answer that question, a pair of overly excited greyhounds. Usually humping up on me when I'm not looking.

No, I've never actually played volleyball

Have you ever got man/woman of the match in football?

Halichoeres

Not to my recollection.

Have you ever rented a bicycle to get around a town you were visiting? (This is the way to visit Cape May, New Jersey)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

No never.

Have you ever fallen off a bicycle and been injured when someone else was taking you as a guest?

Note: That happened to me when I was little with a friend that I met in the summer and that he took on his bicycle, he fell and I hurt myself a lot. It was on vacation in a town in the mountains of my city.

Halichoeres

No, all my childhood bike crashes I managed on my own. My adult ones too.

Have you ever gone for a long walk in nasty weather just for the experience?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 18, 2022, 01:04:32 PM
No, all my childhood bike crashes I managed on my own. My adult ones too.

Have you ever gone for a long walk in nasty weather just for the experience?

I have. Freshman year of college most people just engaged in binge drinking on the weekends. I didn't drink at the time, so one winter weekend I went out and wandered the trails in the woods during an intense "thundersnow" - a thunderstorm while it was snowing like crazy. The thunder rolled for over a minute sometimes, and the lightning lit up the sky almost constantly. I hiked up into the bluffs above the school and the woods opened up onto a giant plain of tall grass. The spectacle was intense, and it felt like the place where the Greek gods would appear in a fantasy novel. I reality I knew what might happen if I wandered out onto an open plain at the top of a hill during a lightning storm, so I turned around and went home.

Have you ever incurred large amounts of debt to fund your collecting habit?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

indohyus

Came close, but no.

Have you ever paid a lot more on an item on eBay than you were planning to?

Stegotyranno420

Nope.
Have you ever cooked steak?

Libraraptor

No. My wife is much better at cooking than me and does perfect steaks.

Have you ever fallen asleep in your bathtub?

indohyus

No, my girlfriend however......

Have you ever been in a long distance relationship?

Newt

Yes, but not for long...

Have you ever swung on a vine Tarzan-style?

Halichoeres

On a rope, yes, but on a vine? Not that I can recall. I'm sure there are vines that can hold a person's weight but I'll be damned if I could tell you which.

Have you ever caught a wild fish with just your hands?

indohyus

No, never been a fishing fan.

Have you ever helped a stricken animal?

Shonisaurus

Yes and no I "saved" a thirsty, hungry and injured sparrow that had been locked up in my parents' old country house, I discovered that he was exhausted after several days locked up and I picked him up, I told my parents, my mother fed him water with sugar that she made him drink, and my father provided him with a nest made of cotton and the next day he rejoined his parents flying, it is a very beautiful story although the credit belongs only to my parents but if not I would have discovered it without wanting to have stepped on and crushed that poor animal.

Have you ever felt sorry for someone who hurt you a lot in your childhood and that unfortunately you discovered when you were older that life had gone very badly for that person and even that he had died?

Halichoeres

Yes, my high school produced a steady stream of tragic outcomes.

Have you ever used the banister to swing around corners when running downstairs so you didn't have to slow down? Have you ever then grabbed the banister a little too early and swung yourself face first into the side of the staircase?

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 20, 2022, 06:35:31 PM
Yes, my high school produced a steady stream of tragic outcomes.

Have you ever used the banister to swing around corners when running downstairs so you didn't have to slow down? Have you ever then grabbed the banister a little too early and swung yourself face first into the side of the staircase?

I can't remember this specifically happening to me ever, but considering my clumsiness and reckless childhood it's statistically impossible that it hasn't happened.

Have you ever found a really good Chinese restaurant that is reasonably priced?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: