News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Posting images

Started by DinoToyForum, March 25, 2012, 06:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 14, 2017, 09:17:38 PM
I wish there was a way to upload pictures directly into your post from your phone. It would be so much easier than going through another website (which can be tricky on a handheld), and you'd never have to worry about the picture going defunct when the hosting website goes away. They would just be here, in the post, forever.

There is an attachment system on this forum to do just that, but I disabled for reasons. The main one being that we have limited capacity.

BlueKrono

How can capacity be increased? It seems strange that there's 'not enough space' on the internet in 2017.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

stargatedalek

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 14, 2017, 10:41:07 PM
How can capacity be increased? It seems strange that there's 'not enough space' on the internet in 2017.
Storage space isn't free.

BlueKrono

I'd be willing to make a donation because of how many hours of my life that would save me.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Paleogene Pals

I would be willing to donate to the cause too.

DinoToyForum

It's good to know there would be support out there if it I ever need it.

Capacity (space and CPU usage) was one reason, but there are others. Security issues and technical issues. Anyway, I'll consider it. Maybe I'll activate attachments some time for a test run, for a week or two, to see how it goes and determine whether it is feasible with my current hosting arrangement (which, as you'll all know from the semi-regular downtime, isn't great).

BlueKrono

I'm so glad there are people that know both dinosaurs and computers. Tech stuff is just so beyond me.

Tylosaurus

It may be an idea to make spoilers work Dr Admin :)
So if someone has a lot of pics but using soilers, the read can choose to view the screenshots or not.

I don't know if your forum supports the spoilers code, it's mostly used in this form:
[spoiler] here all the urls to all the images [/spoiler]

BlueKrono

Anything needing URLs would be useless for uploading pics from your library.

stargatedalek

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 23, 2017, 06:29:26 PM
That's an entirely different topic.

Spoilers are to prevent image spam.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 23, 2017, 07:14:13 PM

Actually, spoiler code is the different topic. It should go in the suggestion thread here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0

Tylosaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 23, 2017, 07:59:50 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on March 23, 2017, 07:14:13 PM

Actually, spoiler code is the different topic. It should go in the suggestion thread here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0
Post made bud :)
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.msg166294#msg166294

Neosodon

If a picture is taken down off of Photobucket does it also disappear from the forum too?

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Halichoeres

Quote from: Neosodon on March 24, 2017, 01:53:43 AM
If a picture is taken down off of Photobucket does it also disappear from the forum too?
Yeah, the only place it really exists is on Photobucket's servers; the forum calls that server to display it. Once deleted, it would be calling a nonexistent address.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Hynerpeton

Any way we can have an option to upload pics here?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

sauroid

photobucket users: what happened to PB? it's been down for a long time.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: sauroid on May 13, 2017, 03:13:45 PM

I intend to remove all mentions of Photobucket from the 'how to post images' instructions; I can no longer recommend such a terrible service.

sauroid

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 13, 2017, 03:29:48 PM

I intend to remove all mentions of Photobucket from the 'how to post images' instructions; I can no longer recommend such a terrible service.
i agree. what is the best photo hosting site/s out there?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: sauroid on May 13, 2017, 03:31:45 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 13, 2017, 03:29:48 PM

i agree. what is the best photo hosting site/s out there?

Perhaps we could collectively generate a top five?

stargatedalek

I use Deviantart, I understand it isn't Deviantarts intended purpose but it has no limits on image size or number.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: