News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Did plesiosaurs have a tail fin?

Started by DinoToyForum, October 29, 2013, 10:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Balaur

I haven't read it all, just bits, but I plan to soon. Am I allowed to ask how long it took to finish this?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Balaur on October 29, 2013, 10:37:37 PM
I haven't read it all, just bits, but I plan to soon. Am I allowed to ask how long it took to finish this?

Sure, this has been in the pipeline since 2007, when I outlined my preliminary findings on Rhomaleosaurus in my PhD thesis. In 2008 I  conducted a more thorough analysis, and presented those findings at svpca, and that was the basis for this paper. It went through several drafts, and was rejected from several journals prior to publication, hence the delay, but that is pretty normal (if rather frustrating). In retrospect, I think the article is better for it.

Balaur

Wow! I didn't realize it was that much of a pain to get it published!

Everything_Dinosaur

Interesting paper, would you mind if we summarised it in our blog one of these days?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on November 01, 2013, 07:05:23 AM
Interesting paper, would you mind if we summarised it in our blog one of these days?

I wouldn't mind at all, I'd appreciate the publicity, in fact :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.