You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

ID of the creatures in The Land That Time Forgot

Started by Simon, October 30, 2013, 06:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

You mean THIS GUY?   ;D

Simon

Blade-of-the-Moon

There was some good ole' retro-coolness there.. ;)

tanystropheus

Roselaar

I liked The Land that Time Forgot, is that a bad thing?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on October 30, 2013, 01:54:09 PM
I liked The Land that Time Forgot, is that a bad thing?

Not at all..I like it myself. :)

The Papo Tylo was retro..but I think the LtTF Mosasaur had the classic sail/fin down it's back and Papo's didn't.

DinoToyForum

Isn't that creature in tlttf supposed to be a plesiosaur, not a mosasaur?

Dan

I think that's the one where the crew dined on plesiosaur. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

There were both. A plesiosaur and a mosasaur..I believe they were supposed to be caught in a battle between them ala Journey to the center of the earth .  They did kill the plesiosaur and had it for supper.

John

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 30, 2013, 08:46:40 PM
There were both. A plesiosaur and a mosasaur..I believe they were supposed to be caught in a battle between them ala Journey to the center of the earth .  They did kill the plesiosaur and had it for supper.

Atually,they weren't in battle with one another.They just attacked the people on the sub one right after the other.The Tylosaurus snatched a German crewmember of the deck of the sub,and then right after,a Plesiosaurus attacked Doug McClure,but was them machine gunned down and became dinner itself... ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

DinoToyForum

I thought there was just a plesiosaur. Is there any mention of the mosasaur by name?

Gwangi

One of my favorite dinosaur movies honestly, taking into consideration that most old dinosaurs movies were of a B-movie quality.

John

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 30, 2013, 11:49:53 PM
I thought there was just a plesiosaur. Is there any mention of the mosasaur by name?
No,it was never identified in the movie.But the model maker Roger Dicken based it on a restoration by Charles R. Knight which happened to be Tylosaurus. :)Most of the other prehistoric animals like the Diplodocus and Styracosaurus were based on Burian paintings. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Dan on October 30, 2013, 07:40:53 PM
Wonder how that would taste....

Nobs

postsaurischian

Quote from: Gwangi on October 30, 2013, 11:55:16 PM
....... most old dinosaurs movies were of a B-movie quality.

Most new Dinosaur movies are as well ::). At least the ones that come from Hollywood.

CityRaptor

Especially the Asylum stuff. Which also made a Version of "The Land that Time forgot".
Unlike the old ones, those lack charme.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 31, 2013, 06:24:25 AM
Quote from: Dan on October 30, 2013, 07:40:53 PM
Wonder how that would taste....
Probably slightly fishy.

Quote from: Nobs on November 04, 2013, 03:04:34 PM
"Look at that big crocodile!"
Well, none of them was an expert.

I also like that Version of the Movie. I have also read the book it was based on.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.