News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Horizon Jurassic Park kits

Started by Amanasaur Rex, November 13, 2013, 04:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Watson

I am really enjoying these Horizon JP build ups of yours Amanasaur Rex! From the photos at least it looks like you are nailing the paint spot on and nice modifications to the T rex legs as well. As others have said you have great painting technique. It makes me want to finally take all my Horizons out of the closet and finally do them. Keep them coming I look forward to seeing them all,... Brachiosaurus??
Doug

Amanasaur Rex

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 03, 2013, 05:33:05 PM
Awesome detailing and paint work bud !
Thanks blade!

Quote from: Doug Watson on December 03, 2013, 06:43:46 PM
I am really enjoying these Horizon JP build ups of yours Amanasaur Rex! From the photos at least it looks like you are nailing the paint spot on and nice modifications to the T rex legs as well. As others have said you have great painting technique. It makes me want to finally take all my Horizons out of the closet and finally do them. Keep them coming I look forward to seeing them all,... Brachiosaurus??
Doug
Yep she's next! might keep the neutral pose for her as the other three have pretty dynamic poses.
My head was spinning when i saw the size of it!

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Brachiosaur is HUGE kit..the only one bigger is the Kaiyodo .  I bought two one in the factory pose, the other I lowered the neck in a more horizontal pose looking down.

Amanasaur Rex

Yeah i tried positioning it in the pose in Jurassic park where its looking back but the vynil didnt bend right and i dont want to cut it so i might just leave it as it and have it like a design maqutte sort of display or make it walk or something.
Heres all 3 of them together. Got the brachiosaurus up next!

Spoiler

[close]

Blade-of-the-Moon

Beautiful additions to your collection !

Amanasaur Rex

all predators.. Needs a veggiesaurus stat! haha

Its, It's a dinosaur...

Doug Watson

Quote from: Amanasaur Rex on December 04, 2013, 04:57:29 AM
Yeah i tried positioning it in the pose in Jurassic park where its looking back but the vynil didnt bend right and i dont want to cut it so i might just leave it as it and have it like a design maqutte sort of display or make it walk or something.
Heres all 3 of them together. Got the brachiosaurus up next!

Those look great, can't wait to see the Brach. Doug

Blade-of-the-Moon

Amanasaur Rex

Brachiosaur Female. Based on Jurassic Park 1 used the box, instruction manual provided (unsuaul! lol) and stuff from The Making of book plus D4E's photo. Finished it in 2 days painting which is by far the quickest paint job iv done!! But also this was alot simpler paint scheme as compared to the others in the Horizon Series.

looks like a straight line where the tan blends with the light grey but actuall its just the lighting from the indent of the muscle wich makes it look that way

I just Love this image it reminds me of when Alan sees it and looks back too Ellies to say "It's, It's a dinosaur!"

This completes my 1st Horzon set for now won't be doing anymore for a while now got to save up and collect the rest.

Bases for these won't be done for a while either being doing them non stop from July/August pretty much! For now i shall Ogle over these 4! :D

Doug Watson

Quote from: Amanasaur Rex on December 10, 2013, 12:39:23 PM
Brachiosaur Female. Based on Jurassic Park 1 used the box, instruction manual provided (unsuaul! lol) and stuff from The Making of book plus D4E's photo. Finished it in 2 days painting which is by far the quickest paint job iv done!! But also this was alot simpler paint scheme as compared to the others in the Horizon Series.
looks like a straight line where the tan blends with the light grey but actuall its just the lighting from the indent of the muscle wich makes it look that way
I just Love this image it reminds me of when Alan sees it and looks back too Ellies to say "It's, It's a dinosaur!"

This completes my 1st Horzon set for now won't be doing anymore for a while now got to save up and collect the rest.

Bases for these won't be done for a while either being doing them non stop from July/August pretty much! For now i shall Ogle over these 4! :D

Looks like another winner to me. I love the mottling on the neck. Can you get a close up of the head? Doug

Amanasaur Rex

Quote from: Doug Watson on December 10, 2013, 12:57:03 PM
Quote from: Amanasaur Rex on December 10, 2013, 12:39:23 PM

Looks like another winner to me. I love the mottling on the neck. Can you get a close up of the head? Doug

I'll get it tommorow It's dark here now. Better under natural light, yeah the neck was pretty much the only place that had it pretty much the other areas was pretty much large scale motteling looking from refrences

Blade-of-the-Moon

Very cool ! Makes me wish I had the time to learn to use an airbrush.  :)

Amanasaur Rex

Too easy in this day and ages just google airbrushing techniques!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Amanasaur Rex on December 11, 2013, 01:45:33 AM
Too easy in this day and ages just google airbrushing techniques!

I just need a painter on staff..I'm so busy with designing and building..whew. lol

Amanasaur Rex

Close up of the Head!

Doug Watson

Quote from: Amanasaur Rex on December 11, 2013, 08:08:37 AM
Close up of the Head!

Thank you for the close ups they look great, nice transition from skin to inner mouth. So do you plan to buy and build all the non JP Horizon dinosaurs? That's the last of the JPs. You could always do the Snaptite JP T rex and Velociraptors.

Amanasaur Rex

Quote from: Doug Watson on December 11, 2013, 03:50:12 PM
Quote from: Amanasaur Rex on December 11, 2013, 08:08:37 AM
Close up of the Head!

Thank you for the close ups they look great, nice transition from skin to inner mouth. So do you plan to buy and build all the non JP Horizon dinosaurs? That's the last of the JPs. You could always do the Snaptite JP T rex and Velociraptors.

Nah not the revell kits, I'm going to save up get some more Horizon Jp kits and paint them up in diffrent schemes from the films like The Lost World Bull Rex or JP3 Raptors that'll be harder because the skulls slightly changed

Doug Watson

[/quote]

Nah not the revell kits, I'm going to save up get some more Horizon Jp kits and paint them up in diffrent schemes from the films like The Lost World Bull Rex or JP3 Raptors that'll be harder because the skulls slightly changed
[/quote]

I'd love to see those good luck getting them, these kits are getting even pricier. I had to get mine off eBay at a premium after Horizon went under I wish I knew about them when they came out I would have been tempted to buy multiples.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice closeups !

Did you consider adding some gloss running out of the nostrils on the head ?

Amanasaur Rex

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 11, 2013, 04:25:40 PM
Nice closeups !

Did you consider adding some gloss running out of the nostrils on the head ?

Hmm is that because one of them was sick in the movie with a cold? I'm not sure...

@Doug They where $65 each back then, surprisingly the brachiosaur is down in value compared to its original retail price of $199

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: