News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dino Islan play set help

Started by ukulele, November 14, 2013, 04:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukulele

Hi everyone! I need some help finding a playset I had as a kid, which I unfortunately lost over the years. I would like to buy it from ebay or some other place, but I can't find it, since I don't remember the sets name, or it's manufacturer. I got the set in the 90's. The main part of the set was a big island, with a big mountain in the middle which it could be opened, and inside there was a lab with two small chairs, a big computer screen and a cage for dinosaurs. It had a small volcano. The figures were really small (about micro machines size): a scientist with a white jacket, a guy with a cowboy hat, a girl with blond (?) hair and a kid with a blue hat; the only parts that were movable from those mini-figs were the legs (you could adjust them to a seated position). The dino figures were a brownish-gray T-Rex, a green triceratops and a purple raptor. It also had a T-Rex skeleton and a Stegosaurus skeleton; a couple of dino eggs with an incubator. It had a couple of playable features, like there were some rocks you could put on the top of the mountain and they could slide down, or you could put them on the volcano crater and make them "erupt". I suppose this set was inspired from Jurassic Park (note that I am pretty sure this was NOT a Jurassic Park set, since I searched all JP toys and this isn't there; besides I don't remember any JP logos in this set). Anybody can help me? Thanks!

Blade-of-the-Moon

There were a lot of mini playsets for dinosaurs produced especially in the 90's.  I feel I saw this set your talking about but can't recall who produced it.  It was probably a cheaper set, likely sold at KB Toys .

I would do an ebay search for dinosaur playset and just go through the results..one will turn up eventually.

ukulele

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 14, 2013, 04:52:21 PM
There were a lot of mini playsets for dinosaurs produced especially in the 90's.  I feel I saw this set your talking about but can't recall who produced it.  It was probably a cheaper set, likely sold at KB Toys .

I would do an ebay search for dinosaur playset and just go through the results..one will turn up eventually.

I searched ebay for dinosaur playsets...didn't find it

SBell

It sounds familiar. I think the name 'Max' is in there somewhere. Mighty Max maybe?

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on November 14, 2013, 07:41:10 PM
It sounds familiar. I think the name 'Max' is in there somewhere. Mighty Max maybe?

It doesn't sound like this Mighty Max dinosaur set, despite some similarities:

It's definitely not JP, I can tell that much. But I don't know what it is though. I don't think I've ever seen it.

Jetoar

No, I know this playset, because I have it. It is the same brand that Mighty Max, the brand Blue Bird. It haave also a underground Coelophysis skeleton and a hadrosaur skeleton who is a trap. I will share images of it.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

ukulele

Quote from: Jetoar on November 14, 2013, 11:15:07 PM
No, I know this playset, because I have it. It is the same brand that Mighty Max, the brand Blue Bird. It haave also a underground Coelophysis skeleton and a hadrosaur skeleton who is a trap. I will share images of it.

Yes it did have skeleton traps! I think you might be on to something!

DC

Sounds like you mean the Blue Box play set I set the mountain in mixed lots on EBay once in awhile. 
Does the Mountain look like the one in the first pic?
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/ECaustralia3.html
The dinosaurs also were sold separately
You can never have too many dinosaurs

ukulele

Quote from: DC on November 16, 2013, 07:43:08 PM
Sounds like you mean the Blue Box play set I set the mountain in mixed lots on EBay once in awhile. 
Does the Mountain look like the one in the first pic?
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/ECaustralia3.html
The dinosaurs also were sold separately

Yes, that's the island, and the palm trees! However the dinosaurs in the picture are not from that set. I got my dinosaurs with the set (there were 3 as I posted: a t-rex, triceratops and a raptor, along with I think 2 skeletons).

ukulele

I FOUND IT :D It is from BlueBox and it's called Dino Zone playset.

Jetoar

Quote from: ukulele on November 16, 2013, 08:20:21 PM
I FOUND IT :D It is from BlueBox and it's called Dino Zone playset.

Yes, It is the same that I have it  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.