News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

"Modifying" the Papo T. Rex

Started by romefalls, November 20, 2013, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

romefalls

I'm trying to bend the tail into a more natural position. Like... more flowing out behind a bit. So far I have the tail in a bowl of water that was boiled, then I'm thinking maybe clamping it somehow. Any suggestions? Will this even work?

Thanks in advance,
JT

DinoToyForum

So long as it is hot enough. However, I have found that the papo figures slowly (over weeks) revert to their original position, no matter what method I use. Other members might have advice on this matter  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

It might stay as long as the temperature doesn't get warm enough to revert it back...though I would say that's a certainty at some point. I assume your talking about the "perched " Rex model...if so your better off cutting the tail off and replacing it with the one from the later Running Rex. Just attach with a rod and do a bit of putty work.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.