News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Saurian (Game Project)

Started by Yutyrannus, November 28, 2013, 08:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

Words can't adequately describe how excited I am for this game. It looks really well done, and we're getting enough updates that it seems more than likely that this will actually get released, rather than turn into vapourware.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Shadowknight1

I want to comb that raptor.  He looks like he has a bad feather day.  Am I wrong?  Would not a dromaeosaur's feathers work like a bird's, laying flat against its body unless it intentionally fluffed them out?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on April 12, 2015, 04:00:42 PM
I want to comb that raptor.  He looks like he has a bad feather day.  Am I wrong?  Would not a dromaeosaur's feathers work like a bird's, laying flat against its body unless it intentionally fluffed them out?
Its rather definitively lammergeier inspired.

edu

Have you all seen their new T-Rex?

https://youtu.be/WAHLldYI8iU

I think it looks great! I am not into video games, but i am excited for this one! I've been following its development, and their strive for scientific accuracy is really cool.

Paleona

I don't stop over here very often, but I thought you guys would like to know that the kickstarter for Saurian is live!!!  :))

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1379624404/saurian-an-open-world-dinosaur-survival-experience?ref=hero_thanks

Apologies if this has been announced already; I didn't see any mention of it, though.

Patrx

Quote from: Paleona on May 24, 2016, 10:40:50 PM
I don't stop over here very often, but I thought you guys would like to know that the kickstarter for Saurian is live!!!  :))

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1379624404/saurian-an-open-world-dinosaur-survival-experience?ref=hero_thanks

Apologies if this has been announced already; I didn't see any mention of it, though.

Excellent! Thanks for the update. Let's go, Saurian!

tyrantqueen

This is shaping up to be really impressive. I don't think I'd be interested in the multiplayer though. I'm not really a competitive person. I'd like to play it just for the immersive experience.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Pachyrhinosaurus

That looks pretty good. If I had the extra money laying around I would donate now, but I can say that once it is out they'll definitely have my money. Am I the only one who has noticed a lack of edmontosaurus, though?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

spinosaurus1

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 26, 2016, 02:34:29 AM
That looks pretty good. If I had the extra money laying around I would donate now, but I can say that once it is out they'll definitely have my money. Am I the only one who has noticed a lack of edmontosaurus, though?

its still being modeled along with the Palaeosaniwa , ankylosaurus, Denversaurus, quetzalcoatlus .sp and champsosaurus. its going to be added in the game as it progress in its early access stage.

Flaffy

New update! New info! New stretch goals!
Metal figurines of T-rex and Triceratops are now available as rewards, and a new map will be unlocked if this stretch goal is met, complete with it's own ecosystem, creatures and playable dinos...  ;D ;D ;D
Check it out! Link to Saurian Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1379624404/saurian-an-open-world-dinosaur-survival-experience/posts/1587636 

Carcharodontosaurus

I am so happy with how scientifically accurate this game is and how many speculative features the dinosaurs have. However, one thing is bugging me; the Triceratops lacks quills. It was my thought that quill knobs had been found on Triceratops skin, and that it giving it quills was backed up by its earlier quill-bearing relative, Psittacosaurus. For a game who gave the Tyrannosaurus feathers, I thought they would have given the Triceratops quills. If my information is wrong, and the scientific consensus is that Triceratops lacked quills, please feel free to correct me. :D

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Carcharodontosaurus on May 27, 2016, 01:34:19 PM
I am so happy with how scientifically accurate this game is and how many speculative features the dinosaurs have. However, one thing is bugging me; the Triceratops lacks quills. It was my thought that quill knobs had been found on Triceratops skin, and that it giving it quills was backed up by its earlier quill-bearing relative, Psittacosaurus. For a game who gave the Tyrannosaurus feathers, I thought they would have given the Triceratops quills. If my information is wrong, and the scientific consensus is that Triceratops lacked quills, please feel free to correct me. :D

I don't think there's any evidence for quills on Triceratops or any other large ceratopsians. The Saurian Triceratops had quills at one point, but they removed them later. Of course people were complaining about it. ::)

Although I must say the dinosaur models and the concept art of this game look very good, the actual in-game graphics are... not so good (yet?). I also have my doubts about how much fun this game will really be, I guess being a scientifically accurate dinosaur gets boring after a while... Ah, we'll see when it comes out! :P

Viergacht

It's still pretty early in the development stage; I'm sure the final models will look much better.

Flaffy

Imagine if Pewdiepie finds out about Saurian and completely trashes the game for having feathered dinosaurs and T-rex not being able to roar.
Speculative quotes (imagine the Pewd's voice):
"How's it going bros, my name's PEWDIEPIE! And welcome... to... Dinosaur Simulator! (insert cheesy music and papo rexes)"
"The T-rex looks like a giant chicken now, wtf."   *quack
"Where is the roar button?! WHERE IS IT?! A t-rex that can't roar? What is life anymore?"         *quack
"(finds a Dakotaraptor) OMG! It's a velociraptor!"      *quack
"(Finds a pterosaur) It's a flying dinosaur! It's so pretty! (talks to trex/dakotaraptor) You have feathers, WHY CAN'T YOU FLYYYYY?!"              *quack
"Best game ever, 10/10."

spinosaurus1

we are already so close to getting dynamic environmental events! im super excited about that particular feature.

of course, this game won't be for everyone, but i really doubt it would get boring. as someone who has play the isle, i could tell you that you'll be surprised how wounded up you can get with a games immersion. i could and plan to play the isle for 10 minutes and end up playing a full hour or 2 just do to the many encounters of different people or just walking through the forest. i have about 120 screenshots as of now just from the isle.

also considering that you can utilize rpr, the team have stated that once out, they would dedicate an entire portion of time to improve combat such as face biting and other intraspecies conflicts. so lots of fun ideas coming up in this game

Flaffy

Silvanusaurus

What's the reasoning behind having the T rex's feathers stopping abruptly to leave a bare tail? It looks really awkward.
Anyway, I'd love to play this some day but I've not had the time for video-games for several years now, unfortunately that probably won't change any time soon, I do hope it's a success either way.

spinosaurus1

personally, i like this design. it really add a uniqueness to a theropod body and integument platform that is actually rarely used. and it makes sense in a way.

Silvanusaurus

To my eye it doesn't work; the contrast between long luscious feathers and then instantly bare, smooth skin looks very unnatural, as though someone starting shaving it from the tail down and hasn't finished. If there is reason to leave the tail mostly bare it would seem more likely there would at least be transitionally lighter feathering as it went along, rather than what looks like a reptile wearing a fur body-warmer. Actually, it looks quite like a rat now I'm thinking about it. I'd much rather see either a fully feathered rex or an unfeathered one, but then what do I know?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: