News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

About Shane Foulkes’ Chasmosaurus

Started by Lythronax, December 06, 2013, 08:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lythronax

I would like to ask you a question about this model kit. I have found that Chasmosaurus had a length of 4-5 meters. According to Dan's Dinosaur web, this model 1:15 measures 18.5 inches. If the model is 1:15, this Chasmosaurus would measure 7 meters. So, either living Chasmosaurus was longer than 5 meters, or the model is shorter than 18.5 inches, or the scale is wrong.

Could some of you tell me which of these is wrong?

Thanks a lot.

s.foulkes

Well I think I can answer you! the model is 1/15th scale (no the scale is not wrong) but the size listed is. ITs 16.0" long not 18.5 . IT represents the largest size claimed for Chasmosaur based on the largest skull specimen found. the skull was 7' long and the body was inches shy of 20 feet. most mounts are between 15 and 17.5 feet long however. ok.
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Dan

Thanks guys, I've updated the page to 16" now. Feel free to e-mail me if you spot anything else that needs to be updated.

Lythronax

Hi guys,
thanks a lot.

I thought that 1:15 was correct, but I was not sure about the 5 meters (my source was Wikipedia!, not good).

It's important to get the scale rigdht when you want to make a diorama.

s.foulkes

Now all you need is a Chasmosaur model right  ;) ;)
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

ataraxus

Lythronax

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.