News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hello from the (near) bottom of the world!

Started by Victorsaurus, December 21, 2013, 10:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victorsaurus

Hello everyone!
I'm Victor and I'm from New Zealand (it's said 'Nu Zillund' probably due to the accent) and I've been interested in most living things for about 86.375% of my 16 year long life.
When I'm not doodling dinosaurs I can often be found doing origami, playing Pokemon or furthering my career as an amateur stand up comedian (with an emphasis on the 'amateur'!)
Yes, I also collect dinosaur toys though in the enlightened place known as New Zealand (God's Own Country according to the tourists) this is quite a hard task due to the rarity of any decent companies but I still remain vigilant that as long as I have disposable income and a good internet connection my collection will survive!
I would like to tell more interesting anecdotes but I don't want to bore you so that is my short spiel on myself...

well that's the end, no need to stay, goodbye.

alexeratops

Wha-what? that's it? you are just going to greet us and then be like "okay bye"? WHATS UP WITH THAT MAN????????? :-[ :o
like a bantha!

Victorsaurus

Haha being an Asian in New Zealand you often get much ruder farewells than that... and anyway I can't perform the traditional farewell spit over the internet so I wasn't really sure what other culturally exclusive farewells I could use.

DinoToyForum

Welcome to the forum Victorsaurus! :) You may well be our first New Zealander  8)

Victorsaurus

Not sure if I should be honoured that I'm the first New Zealander here or slightly saddened by the lack of dinosaur toy collectors in New Zealand.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Victorsaurus on December 21, 2013, 11:21:09 PM
Not sure if I should be honoured that I'm the first New Zealander here or slightly saddened by the lack of dinosaur toy collectors in New Zealand.

There may be some closet kiwis already lurking on the forum, and I'm sure you can't be the only Dino collector in the country :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

tyrantqueen

Hello.

You're not the only Kiwi here. There are a couple of others, but I'm not so sure they're active any more.

Victorsaurus

Oh yes, I passed it once on a school tramp (hike in NZ lingo), can't wait for it to be finished!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Victorsaurus on December 22, 2013, 12:48:20 AM
Oh yes, I passed it once on a school tramp (hike in NZ lingo), can't wait for it to be finished!

They post on FB on occasion..I sold them the Carnotaurus bust they have. :)

It promises to be a cafe and shop..could be  a good place to meet other dino collectors as well. ;)

Victorsaurus

If it becomes a shop one can only hope that it becomes the second shop in New Zealand to avoid falling into what I call the 'Schleich trap.'

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Victorsaurus on December 22, 2013, 12:58:51 AM
If it becomes a shop one can only hope that it becomes the second shop in New Zealand to avoid falling into what I call the 'Schleich trap.'

Ah yeah..but they might carry all sorts of things including Schleich which, for some reason, is a very popular brand. lol

Victorsaurus

Oh you don't know, in New Zealand your only choices are Schleich and in some of the smaller stores, Papo it's almost like a pandemic! Oh well, as long as I have the internet...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Victorsaurus on December 22, 2013, 01:37:48 AM
Oh you don't know, in New Zealand your only choices are Schleich and in some of the smaller stores, Papo it's almost like a pandemic! Oh well, as long as I have the internet...

Too right ! What we do without the internet eh ?

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.