News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tyrantqueen's Caboodle

Started by tyrantqueen, January 02, 2014, 09:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ITdactyl on October 13, 2015, 10:31:01 PM
thanks for the lead Tyrantqueen - that art is really easy on the eyes.  And GSP moving away from shrink-wrapped dinosaurs.  Does the entire book follow the format of the pages you shared, or are there also text heavy pages?
Just to prevent misunderstanding, GSP didn't illustrate the book. The illos were provided by Juan Carlos Alonso.

It's not very text heavy at all. Here's an example of one of the more text heavy pages:

Btw if you're a fan of feathers you will like how Beipiaosaurus looks.

My only criticism of the book is that it isn't longer :))

ITdactyl

Ooh, thanks for the correction.  *must get head over the fact that he's not just a paleoartist*

And thanks for sharing more pics.

John

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 02, 2015, 03:11:14 PM
Ceratosaurus in 1/40 FUD by Manuelsaurus

That Ceratosaurus looks simply PHENOMENAL!!!
I'm glad to see that it printed rather than having Shapeways send the dreaded "too delicate to be printed" message! :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Ezikot

Nice shelf and great book!!!

ceratopsian

I picked up the Alonso and Paul while on holiday in Oxford in the children's department of a bookshop a couple of weeks ago, just for the artwork.  There's not much text and what there is reads very simply.  I love the embossed 3-D effect cover!  It was a good impulse buy - even if I worried about squeezing it into my already tightly packed suitcase!

tyrantqueen

1/40 Tyrannosaurus in FUD by Manuel Bejarano

Rain

Looks great. I like the fuzz  ;D

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

tyrantqueen

Thanks guys. Manuel Bejarano has done some great work :)

tyrantqueen

Albertosaurus sarcophagus in FUD by fabricious.

Too bad my photos don't show the details very well. I'm thinking maybe I should start priming my models before photographing them.

Also, I discovered today that toothpaste works really well for cleaning FUD. Must be the abrasives.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 15, 2015, 09:02:18 AM
Two new theropods.

I love your collection TyrantQueen!   I came across this photo you posted a month ago.  I like the idea CollectA had here with their feathered T-Rex, however, I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on it for 2 reasons.  1. The colors.  Why red and green?  If it looked more like a dark maned Lion I'd be estatic!  2.  The base.  Too plain and unimaginative.  I'd prefer the model more if it could stand on its own 2 feet rather than what it already has. 

What are your thoughts on it?  Perhaps you'll persuade me?

tyrantqueen

QuoteI love your collection TyrantQueen!   I came across this photo you posted a month ago.  I like the idea CollectA had here with their feathered T-Rex, however, I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on it for 2 reasons.  1. The colors.  Why red and green?  If it looked more like a dark maned Lion I'd be estatic!  2.  The base.  Too plain and unimaginative.  I'd prefer the model more if it could stand on its own 2 feet rather than what it already has.

What are your thoughts on it?  Perhaps you'll persuade me?
Thanks for looking and commenting. I don't think the colours are all that bad, they seem plausible in an avian kind of way. If you really hate it you could get Martin Garratt to repaint it for you, like Postsaurischian did.

As for the base, you could probably remove it if you really want. Mine is attached by pegs and glue, but I can tug on it and it will come loose with enough force.

I really love this figure, I think I'll go so far as to say it's the best figure CollectA have ever done. Definitely one of my favourites, along with their Jobaria and the upcoming deluxe Spino.

Viking Spawn

Thanks TyrantQueen.  I didn't realize you could remove the base with a little effort.  I'd love to see one of these on a store shelf for an ultimate decision.  But unfortunately, I can only find Schleich.   :-\

Giga-Noto-Saurus

Awesome!  The dog is cute lol.

Takama

Quote from: Viking Spawn on October 23, 2015, 03:59:36 AM
Thanks TyrantQueen.  I didn't realize you could remove the base with a little effort.  I'd love to see one of these on a store shelf for an ultimate decision.  But unfortunately, I can only find Schleich.   :-\

You should note though that the model will Not be able to stand without it.       a Prototype Model was given to Mini Zoo.com without the base, and they said that It had a lot of Trouble standing.

Standing issues is the one thing i hate With Deluxe CollectA models (I went through 3 or four Denichirus models because of this).  There so Heavy that if it falls on its side it will get a paint rub due to how heavy it is.   I could Care less if the base is plain, as long as it keeps my model from being ruined by unsightly Paint rubs that i can never Fix, i would be happy. I cant understand how anyone can not like a model due to how plain a base looks like. :-\ 

tyrantqueen

I prefer plain bases. I find overly detailed bases to be distracting.

Takama

I made a poll on the subject so this thread does not go to far off topic :)

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3995.msg116695#new

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 13, 2015, 07:57:40 PM
My gorgeous new book 8)

I love the artwork.

Congratulations TQ, you just made my Christmas list seven quid more expensive!  :))
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

tyrantqueen

tyrantqueen

The evolution of Oviraptor:

Taking a leaf out of the Papo Oviraptor's book:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: