News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

If you could direct Jurassic Park IV...

Started by tyrantqueen, January 28, 2014, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 29, 2014, 07:13:28 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 29, 2014, 02:15:47 PM
Quote from: Patrx on January 29, 2014, 06:28:27 AM
You know the San Diego scene from The Lost World? Just more of that. For two and a half hours.

This is exactly what I wouldn't want to see :P Wouldn't it just be Godzilla, anyway? ;)

In my version, JP4 would be set back on Isla Nublar during the events of the first film, but with the narrative following different threads and different characters. Such as the park rangers trying to capture the escaped dinosaurs (Harding), the evacuation of the staff during the storm (Wu), the folks at the dock waiting for Nedry, and so on. I think there's a lot of potential for stories there, some of which could be nabbed from the book. It wouldn't be a reboot so much as a counterpart to the first film. Plus, it would be going back to the roots of what made the first one so good - park gone wrong. Basically, I want to see more of Jurassic Park the place. I'm hoping that Jurassic World, to a certain extent, will do just that, even if it is a new fully functioning park. I have a lot of hope for Jurassic World. Only time will tell if it is misplaced...

The first film really showed the dinosaurs as animals..not monsters. Something the previous two moved away from I feel.

Patrx, you need to see Age of the Dinosaurs if you haven't...it's basically Dinosaurs Attack! the movie.

Oh, I have seen it! It's dreck, but I do adore the simplicity. In any case, perhaps I should elaborate, as my initial remark was equal parts joke and genuine suggestion. The wonderful thing about the San Diego sequence was that, despite being derivative, it felt new and exciting compared to every scene before it. It There's great contrast between the confused, hungry, prehistoric animal and the modern, organized city. It's more connected to the original film than the rest of that sequel was, because it was about the consequences of placing dinosaurs in a modern environment. I'd like to see that happening again, and a new theme park setting would also be a great way to do it.
I do like the idea of telling a new story about the original park, but that would be very challenging logistically. A semi-recent videogame used that setup, but since I've not played it I can't speak to its quality.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on January 30, 2014, 05:58:47 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 29, 2014, 07:13:28 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 29, 2014, 02:15:47 PM
Quote from: Patrx on January 29, 2014, 06:28:27 AM
You know the San Diego scene from The Lost World? Just more of that. For two and a half hours.

This is exactly what I wouldn't want to see :P Wouldn't it just be Godzilla, anyway? ;)

In my version, JP4 would be set back on Isla Nublar during the events of the first film, but with the narrative following different threads and different characters. Such as the park rangers trying to capture the escaped dinosaurs (Harding), the evacuation of the staff during the storm (Wu), the folks at the dock waiting for Nedry, and so on. I think there's a lot of potential for stories there, some of which could be nabbed from the book. It wouldn't be a reboot so much as a counterpart to the first film. Plus, it would be going back to the roots of what made the first one so good - park gone wrong. Basically, I want to see more of Jurassic Park the place. I'm hoping that Jurassic World, to a certain extent, will do just that, even if it is a new fully functioning park. I have a lot of hope for Jurassic World. Only time will tell if it is misplaced...

The first film really showed the dinosaurs as animals..not monsters. Something the previous two moved away from I feel.

Patrx, you need to see Age of the Dinosaurs if you haven't...it's basically Dinosaurs Attack! the movie.

Oh, I have seen it! It's dreck, but I do adore the simplicity. In any case, perhaps I should elaborate, as my initial remark was equal parts joke and genuine suggestion. The wonderful thing about the San Diego sequence was that, despite being derivative, it felt new and exciting compared to every scene before it. It There's great contrast between the confused, hungry, prehistoric animal and the modern, organized city. It's more connected to the original film than the rest of that sequel was, because it was about the consequences of placing dinosaurs in a modern environment. I'd like to see that happening again, and a new theme park setting would also be a great way to do it.
I do like the idea of telling a new story about the original park, but that would be very challenging logistically. A semi-recent videogame used that setup, but since I've not played it I can't speak to its quality.

If your a diehard JP fan it's fun and entertaining.  Though the button sequence gameplay gets on my nerves. I actually just sat and watched one of my cousins play..it was kinda like a mini movie that way. ;)

Brontozaurus

I changed my mind. I'd make Jurassic Park IV a musical. Can you hear the raptors sing?
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brontozaurus on February 02, 2014, 01:57:27 AM
I changed my mind. I'd make Jurassic Park IV a musical. Can you hear the raptors sing?

Nope but I've seen the Compies dance :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1OsMa1qukg

lol

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.