News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

If you could direct Jurassic Park IV...

Started by tyrantqueen, January 28, 2014, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Imagine if you were given complete creative control over JP4, and an unlimited budget. What would you make the film about?

Please let me hear your ideas :)

Takama

I would Focus on why the military was sent to isia sorna at the end of the third film, and start off with a news report of a Pteranodon in the city. Plus I would include a Feathered raptor who rips someone to shreds >:D

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on January 28, 2014, 10:02:33 PM
I would Focus on why the military was sent to isia sorna at the end of the third film, and start off with a news report of a Pteranodon in the city. Plus I would include a Feathered raptor who rips someone to shreds >:D

Maybe it should rip a bald raptor to shreds.

I honestly don't know, I would have to think about that one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I would take all the scenes we haven't had yet from the books along with all the species we've not seen or version thereof, add a nice coherent plot and film that sucker. ;)

Roselaar

I would make a movie about the evacuation of Isla Sorna after JP and prior to TLW, to fill in the gaps of just exactly what happened there. A lot of untold stories in there I think. I would also throw in BioSyn as a possible conspirator responsible for sabotaging InGen's Sorna operations in an effort to steal dinosaur embryos. We never heard from them again after JP, so there's a few loose ends. Setting the movie between JP and TLW would give us a chance to revisit old characters (too late for that by now, I know) while coming up with intriguing new ones as well. And of course I would throw in lots and lots of dinosaurs, both known species and others that deserve a chance to get in the public spotlight.

Crackington

No idea what I would make the film about, but with an unlimited budget I would immediately hire Quentin Tarantino to direct it. This would probably prevent a large chunk of the forum and my kids from seeing it, but hey, they'd appreciate it when they're old enough: JP4: Inglorious Raptors!  >:D

HD-man

I'd make a "Rise of the Planet of the Apes"-type prequel (See the Trish quote for why).

Quoting Trish ( http://babbletrish.blogspot.com/2013/01/in-which-trish-once-again-wonders-if.html ):
QuoteAbout the only thing that might make sense at this point would be a prequel.  Consider that the current writers gave us one of the few recent prequels to a long-running franchise that was actually worth a damn, "Rise of the Planet of the Apes".  And in the novels, there's a lot of implied (and not) backstory which could fuel a good "JP" prequel.   All from memory, since it's been a while: A better explanation of the lysine contingency.  The genetic engineers being asked to make the real live goddamn non-avian dinosaurs look and act more like what people "expect" (in the late 80's remember).  Alan Grant being called in the middle of the night with the question "seriously, what would a baby Miasaura eat?" since the Park scientists have no zookeepers among them and have *no* experience with animals.  Struggles with adapting the animals to modern diseases and parasites.  And of course they could show exactly how the Park scientists learned how unruly the pterosaurs and maniraptors are...
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Brontozaurus

I'd make it a Parks and Recreation spinoff. Everything would be exactly the same except it would have dinosaur theme parks.

Jurassic Parks and Rec.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Gwangi

Quote from: Brontozaurus on January 29, 2014, 12:27:16 AM
I'd make it a Parks and Recreation spinoff. Everything would be exactly the same except it would have dinosaur theme parks.

Jurassic Parks and Rec.

So something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXTNnPONGSQ

Zelan

Hmmm, reboot the franchise and update everything to reflect what we actually know about dinosaurs and keep the same basic plot? I would definitely get rid of the giant velociraptors or spitting dilophosaurs and substitute them with something equally cool but real. I would also show a wider variety of species to spice things up.

Hermes888

I would name it Jurassic Park III and pretend the previous installment never existed.

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Patrx

You know the San Diego scene from The Lost World? Just more of that. For two and a half hours.

amargasaurus cazaui

Remove the present paleo expert for the film and its previous incarnations, and replace with Currie, Or Bakker, or (insert name) That alone should insure success.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Zelan on January 29, 2014, 01:18:04 AM
Hmmm, reboot the franchise and update everything to reflect what we actually know about dinosaurs and keep the same basic plot? I would definitely get rid of the giant velociraptors or spitting dilophosaurs and substitute them with something equally cool but real. I would also show a wider variety of species to spice things up.
Would it still be Jurassic Park, though? If it's going to be a reboot, then it would be starting off from square one again. The spitting Dilophosaurus and the giant Velociraptors are annoying, but they are sort of part of JP lore (and they were described in the novel). Just something to think about.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 29, 2014, 12:49:53 PM
Quote from: Zelan on January 29, 2014, 01:18:04 AM
Would it still be Jurassic Park, though? If it's going to be a reboot, then it would be starting off from square one again. The spitting Dilophosaurus and the giant Velociraptors are annoying, but they are sort of part of JP lore (and they were described in the novel). Just something to think about.
Actually, I would get rid of those two and replace them with fully feathered little Velociraptors.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Patrx on January 29, 2014, 06:28:27 AM
You know the San Diego scene from The Lost World? Just more of that. For two and a half hours.

This is exactly what I wouldn't want to see :P Wouldn't it just be Godzilla, anyway? ;)

In my version, JP4 would be set back on Isla Nublar during the events of the first film, but with the narrative following different threads and different characters. Such as the park rangers trying to capture the escaped dinosaurs (Harding), the evacuation of the staff during the storm (Wu), the folks at the dock waiting for Nedry, and so on. I think there's a lot of potential for stories there, some of which could be nabbed from the book. It wouldn't be a reboot so much as a counterpart to the first film. Plus, it would be going back to the roots of what made the first one so good - park gone wrong. Basically, I want to see more of Jurassic Park the place. I'm hoping that Jurassic World, to a certain extent, will do just that, even if it is a new fully functioning park. I have a lot of hope for Jurassic World. Only time will tell if it is misplaced...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 29, 2014, 02:15:47 PM
Quote from: Patrx on January 29, 2014, 06:28:27 AM

This is exactly what I wouldn't want to see :P Wouldn't it just be Godzilla, anyway? ;)

In my version, JP4 would be set back on Isla Nublar during the events of the first film, but with the narrative following different threads and different characters. Such as the park rangers trying to capture the escaped dinosaurs (Harding), the evacuation of the staff during the storm (Wu), the folks at the dock waiting for Nedry, and so on. I think there's a lot of potential for stories there, some of which could be nabbed from the book. It wouldn't be a reboot so much as a counterpart to the first film. Plus, it would be going back to the roots of what made the first one so good - park gone wrong. Basically, I want to see more of Jurassic Park the place. I'm hoping that Jurassic World, to a certain extent, will do just that, even if it is a new fully functioning park. I have a lot of hope for Jurassic World. Only time will tell if it is misplaced...

The first film really showed the dinosaurs as animals..not monsters. Something the previous two moved away from I feel.

Patrx, you need to see Age of the Dinosaurs if you haven't...it's basically Dinosaurs Attack! the movie.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Hermes888 on January 29, 2014, 03:28:24 AM
I would name it Jurassic Park III and pretend the previous installment never existed.
We need one of these

>:D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: