News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ridureyu's Obsessive Toy Photography

Started by Ridureyu, February 07, 2014, 08:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridureyu

Well, I have pictures of pretty much EVERY TOY - http://www.flickr.com/photos/74529773@N07/ - many of which line up with the blog at http://www.nerditis.com.

Some of those are dinosaurs, too, though I have a few shots that have not made it onto flickr yet (I upload five a day).  Most of these have the same basic nighttime backdrop I use, with modular diorama pieces that admittedly fit fantasy monsters better.  I admit that dinosaurs are not my strongest suit (I seem to do best with Aliens, Predators, D&D stuff, and mythological demons).  So, let's have a look!

CARNOTAURUS (Schleich)

CARNOTAURUS (Papo)

DIMETRODON (Papo)

INOSTRANCEVIA (Safari)

SCUTOSAURUS (Safari)

SPINOSAURUS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD (Papo)

POSTOSUCHUS (Safari)

KAPROSUCHUS (Safari)

GIGANOTOSAURUS (Schleich)

And this last one is just a link, but It's kind of a sad story.  Accurate or not, that last rubber dino is going to stay in my possession forever.

Gwangi

Great work, hope to see you enter the diorama contest this year.

Ridureyu

Thanks!  I do readily admit that my strengths are in other types of dioramas, though (see the "Do you collect anything else" thread).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Great pictures! Although, the one of the Schleich "Carnotaurus" just reminded me of what an atrocity it is...
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Ridureyu

It's fun and rubbery... and, uh, way too much like that Disney monster.  Yeah.

Anyway, I have some Valentine's Day photos ready for tomorrow!  With monsters!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe it's the pain meds talking but I get this impression from him :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d67Xd0Ied-k

heh

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Ridureyu

Bahahahahahahaha!

But I'm not as cool as Stitch.... wait, did you mean me or the Carnotaurus?

ANYWAY... my avatar comes from one of the pictures in that flickr feed.

Ridureyu

Shot just today, and based on a half-throwaway line from a certain movie last year:

"What killed the dinosaurs?"

CityRaptor

Sorry to hijack your thread, but you just gave me an idea ( also helps that I've seen that Movie yesterday ) :

Bulldust: Today. Today... At the edge of our hope, at the end of our time, we have chosen not only to believe in ourselves, but in each other. Today there is not a Dinosaur nor other Archosaur in here that shall stand alone. Not today. Today we face the monsters that are at our door and bring the fight to them. Today, we are cancelling the Apocalypse!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ridureyu

I am looking forward to the contest!  I may make a setup SIMILAR to a photo I have done, but changed up enough to work for the contest.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.