News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures

Started by sauroid, February 11, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 21, 2015, 01:11:45 AM
Had a bit of fun with the Carnegie caudipteryx, so that's why the poor thing is so terrified.

Looks like the feeling might be mutual.

LOL! Pure genius!  ;D
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Takama

Quote from: joossa on May 21, 2015, 04:53:21 AM
Had a bit of fun with the Carnegie caudipteryx, so that's why the poor thing is so terrified.

LOL! Pure genius!  ;D

That pour Creture. It looked so beutiful with that color Scheme. Remind me not to tick off that Psycho 8!+#

Halichoeres

Discontinued late last year and now on eBay for twice its retail price, I was not optimistic that I would find this for less than a limb. But I happened across it in a toy store in Red Bank, NJ for only $100, and the accompanying sets were at clearance prices. Had them mailed to me and just finished putting them all together. 

This is actually three sets put together (the walls are modular so you can rearrange them to accommodate expansion).

Siege party.

Aerial view. Sets included are 70400, 70401, 70402, 70404, and the two minifigure packs.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Those are great castle sets. Do you have the one from the Lego Movie?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Quote from: suspsy on May 24, 2015, 01:56:35 PM
Nope! Much as I'd like to buy 60% of their annual output, Legos are so expensive and take up so much room that I have to be pretty selective about which ones I collect. Mainly the castle ones (I have the majority of the sets produced since 1985), but also the Simpsons, a handful of architecture ones, and occasional one-offs like the bird set they put out recently.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

EmperorDinobot

Yeah man, Legos are REALLY expensive and take a tooon of space. I remember when I sold all my Star Wars sets. Sad, but necessary. I also sacked my Insectoids sets and put them in boxes. I'm also really considering sacking my Bionicles as well to make space for more dinos and Batman figures.

Sad...but necessary.

When I am rich and purchase an even bigger house I will put them out again.

Halichoeres

Yeah, almost all of my Legos are in boxes. I have fewer than ten sets assembled at any given time.

I have a bunch of 90s era Batman stuff if you're looking for anything, incidentally. I've seen some of the photos of your collection, though--I might not have anything you're missing.

EmperorDinobot

It's highly unlikely I'll find anything I'm missing from the 90's. 2000 onwards then yeah, I'm missing a ton of stuff, especially the more recent stuff. No space for any of that anyways, which is sad. Both my Batman collection and dino collection has grown to cancerous levels. I need to sack everything else.

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 24, 2015, 02:17:47 PM
Nope! Much as I'd like to buy 60% of their annual output, Legos are so expensive and take up so much room that I have to be pretty selective about which ones I collect. Mainly the castle ones (I have the majority of the sets produced since 1985), but also the Simpsons, a handful of architecture ones, and occasional one-offs like the bird set they put out recently.

http://brickset.com/sets/70806-1/Castle-Cavalry

Too bad! Aside from the Micro Manager and the modern female, the alternate build fits very well with the rest of the Castle sets.

Halichoeres

Quote from: suspsy on May 30, 2015, 03:35:12 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 24, 2015, 02:17:47 PM

http://brickset.com/sets/70806-1/Castle-Cavalry

Too bad! Aside from the Micro Manager and the modern female, the alternate build fits very well with the rest of the Castle sets.
Wow, you're right! I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.

stargatedalek

I got a LPS turtle (please don't tell my parents), no I don't collect Littlest Pet Shop toys, (I think most of them are awful), but this one was kind of cute, in a freaky deformed turtle chibi way. Forgot to get pictures of it, its not that impressive.

Toothless from HTTYD2. I've not seen the movie but it was dirt cheap so I snatched it up XD .

This is probably the only thing that I'm not meh with that I bought for myself, I actually really like it. I have no idea what its meant to be, but it redefines creepy-cute. First doll I have ever owned (not counting Figma's). When I first saw it I was like "MEDUKA!!!!! :D". Resemblance is vague but it was enough to draw my attention :P

Takama

Ridureyu

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!  Okay, I collect figures from that obscure Japanese line, Demon's Chronicle.  Some of them can get really rare and expensive - rare in the "you just don't see them show up" way, and expensive in the "HOLY YIKES" way.  Anyway, the three a the top of that list are the "secret figures from the first three volumes.  I own Vol. I's (Naberius) thanks to a trade. I saved up for Vol. III's and had my contact in Japan look for it, and it took two months for one to pop up anywhere - not in physical stores, on-line stores... I saw one pop up on Yahoo Japan, and that was that.  And so, here is Beelzebub, the Lord of the Flies!  I also snagged Allocer, who isn't the cheapest of the group either, but lately has been popping up for a more decent price:

Beelzebub is derived from Ba'al-Zebub, literally meaning "Lord of Zebub" or "Lord of the Flies."  Ba'al was never a proper name, it's a title - "Lord."  Lots of gods shared it, and even some people (your landlord is your Ba'al).  Some examples in the Old Testament incluse Ba'al-Zephon (Ba'al of Zephon), Ba'al-Pelor ("Ba'al of Pelor"), or Jezebel's god, Ba'al-Sidon (Melqart, Ba'al of Sidon).  Many of the Ba'als were forms of Hadad, a fertility god, and in some cases even Zeus (Ba'al-Pelor was related to Zeus, believe it or not). 

As for Ba'al-Zebub, there is no location called "Zebub."  the name first appears in 2 Kings 1:2-3, when King Ahazaiah injures hiself and petitions "Ba'al-Zebub, the god of Ekron" for healing.  Now, one major difficulty in translation is that everyone has their own names for things - the Chinese scholar Kung-Fu-Zhu was known to the Greeks as Confucius, for example.  Or the Egyptian Pharaoh Khufu was renamed Cheops by the Greeks.  Hebrew did this as well, which makes identifying gods such as Moloch very difficult.  Ba'al-Zebub is actually a pun, apparently on Ba'al-Zbl ("zebul"), which means "Lord of the Manor," and is a reference to several gods.  Although "Lord of the Flies" may refer to some fly or pestilence-related cults, that is improbable, as little evidence of said religions has been found. 

Instead, the association tied to Ba'al-Zebub since the beginning was to point at the thing that attracts flies the most:  Dung.  Essentially, Ba'al-Zebul means "Lord of Bulls**t."  The real debate is whether it meant that in 2 Kings, though I [ersonally wouldn't doubt it, because there is some sarcasm in other arts of the text (Elijah was the most sarcastic man ever born, I swear).  Historically, since 2 Kings, it was used in this way - calling pagan gods a load of horseshit - and it also became a perjorative name for Satan, as seen in the Gospels when both the Pharisees and Jesus use the name "Beelzebub" to refer to Satan.

As far as making it the name of a specific demon, the Testament of Solomon (a 5th Century pseudepigraphal work), which is the foundation of modern occult demon-summoning, featured Beelzebub as the first demon summoned by Solomon.  Ib this story, Beelzebub is the demon of the evening star, who excites peopel to lust, jealousy, and murder, and causes people to worship demons.  He is treated as second-in-command only to Satan, and this tradition has been picked up since.  In more modern occultism, Beelzebub is one of the top kings of Hell, up there with Astaroth, Asmodeus, and even Satan himself - he is often cast as the second-in-command, taking the form of a large fly.  This figure takes the artwork from the Dictionnaire Infernal (a fly with skulls on its wings), and adds a crown, sword, and trident. 

And as a bonus... Look, it's the Lord and Lady of the Flies!  What a nice domestic scene!

Next up is Allocer, sometimes translated as Alloces.  Allocer is a lot simpler - he's one of Solomon's Seventy-Two demons in the Ars Goetia, and is a grand Duke of Hell who oversees thirty-six legions of demons.  He appears as a knight with leonine features and a ruddy face, riding a horse with the features of a dragon.  Allocer induces people to immortality, teaches the art of the sky, and provides familiars.  This figure has some incredible detail for something the size of a MUSCLE, and it matches his Dictionnaire Infernal art exactly, even down to the weapons and chicken feet:

CityRaptor

The final Allocer pic kinda looks like his unicorn had too many beans...

Beelzebub actually looks pretty royal and stylish for an oversized fly.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Brachiosaurus

Tsukihi Araragi Figma arrived in the mail today. It was an arduous wait but well worth it, I'm very pleased!

Un-boxing her I was surprised by just how many parts she came with. The box itself is also very nice and the insert makes a lovely backdrop.

Nice, I have the figma horse and Satsuki on pre-order

I got a joy figure from inside out two days ago at the Boston Museum of Science's pixar exhibit and my 5 year old half-sister gave me 3 of her duplicate shopkins 2 weeks ago when she and the rest of my birth family came up to visit me from Michigan.My birth family also gave me an Olaf shirt and towel, a sauropod plush, and some weird stegosaurus like chinasaur.
-sorry I don't have any pictures

Libraraptor

I found these little monochrome giant anteater figures. I thought it could be interesting to some of you.

Arul

tyrantqueen

Got my KFC Transistor (Blaster). He is 23.5cms of plastic and die cast metal awesomeness 8)

Plus Wheelie has another bot to rhyme with :))

suspsy

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: