News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures

Started by sauroid, February 11, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Just got my S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla(2021) today.

I am the Dinosaur King!

Kapitaenosavrvs

These Godzilla / Kaiju Figures look absolutely expensive. And great. :D Congrats. I wish i would still like popcultural Merchandise etc.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on June 04, 2021, 11:47:39 AM
These Godzilla / Kaiju Figures look absolutely expensive. And great. :D Congrats. I wish i would still like popcultural Merchandise etc.

Yeah, they're not cheap... that Godzilla was around 70 something USD.

Monster Hunter Figure Builder Vol. 18

Safi'jiiva

Gold Rathian

Rajang

Alatreon

Seething Bazelgeuse

Silver Rathalos

Rajang (clear version, only able to be built if you get the whole set.)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on August 11, 2021, 11:55:30 PM

Whee. Thats a Number. But if it makes you happy, it should work fine. I just looked up these MH Figure Builder Packs. They are quite expensive aswell. But they look really good, i have to say.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on August 12, 2021, 06:05:00 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on August 11, 2021, 11:55:30 PM

Whee. Thats a Number. But if it makes you happy, it should work fine. I just looked up these MH Figure Builder Packs. They are quite expensive aswell. But they look really good, i have to say.

Yeah, but they're definitely worth the money with the amount of detail and quality of the paintjobs. Same with the MonsterArts figures, the sculpt, full body articulation and alternate pieces/accessories make them worth the prices.
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Weta Workshop Smaug

Playmates Mechagodzilla-2021
I am the Dinosaur King!

Libraraptor

Not exactly a new acquisition.  But I rebuilt this LEGO Model Team Truck today. Childhood memories!

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 18, 2021, 07:51:20 PM

Not exactly a new acquisition.  But I rebuilt this LEGO Model Team Truck today. Childhood memories!

Haha,.... I had this model assembled for the last 30 years in the attic of my parents house. Recently moved it to my place, disassembled it, gave all parts a good clean in the washer, rebuild it... and took it apart and moved it to its original box. I bought that thing from my own money back then, really a nice model. Seems yours did not suffer from light exposure as mine did.

PS: Replaced that blue 2x2 round corner brick?

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on September 18, 2021, 10:18:57 PM

PS: Replaced that blue 2x2 round corner brick?

Funny we also both have a LEGO history ;)
Well, that brick did not appear in the piles yet.  The screen of one backsleep window is still missing,  too. The part-out value of this thing is quite high. Those radiator cowling ladders,  also used in LEGO space very much, are around 2,- Euro each.
It is a beautiful model!  Just recently I saw a more modern, smooth rebuild as a MOC on the web.  A cool thing as well, albeit lacking the knobby charme of the original.

EDIT: Found that blue brick and the white plate modified which holds the rear view mirror! 

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Monster Hunter Figure Builder Vol. 15

Barroth

Banbaro

Fulgur Anjanath

Nargacuga

Jyuratodus

Glavenus

Glavenus (clear version)

Monster Hunter Figure Builder Vol. 19

Aknosom

Somnacanth

Khezu

Mizutsune

Magnamalo

Tetranadon

Magnamalo (clear version)
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Monster Hunter Figure Builder Vol. 20

Almudron

Goss Harag

Apex Arzuros

Apex Zinogre

Rathalos

Royal Ludroth

Mizutsune (clear version)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Fembrogon

Man, I've never been a gamer, but I might have to consider getting into Monster Hunter. Those creature designs are fire.

Some assorted toys arrived from Amazon the other day:

Playmates Rodan. I'm happy Playmates is doing classic monsters; but having this figure in hand now I honestly think it looks more like a bootleg than a legitimate product. hopefully Playmates will be improving their sculpts in the future.

Wall-E and Eve set by Mattel. WALL-E has long been one of my favorite movies, so it was high time I got myself some merchandise to represent it in my collection. These two are pretty cute.

Funko Silk Spitter from The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. This is a pretty nice figure, and it scales kind of well as a substitute kaiju. I'll have to try posing it with my Bandai Gamera or Neca Kong, or something like that.

Update: part 2 of my Amazon order arrived, featuring the Funko Pop Kanegon from Ultra Q. I'm not a Pop! Vinyl collector, but this guy came out pretty cute.

Lanthanotus

Some late additions, the brick build castle is my x-mas present... it is developed and released by a mid sized German company
and contains a staggering 5200 pieces and some insane building techniques. Nothing for the faint hearted, but awesome in all
its detailing (full interior) and I am keen to add the additional stages of expansion to it (keep and bailey).

Also released by the same company, no owning the License for Star Trek, a Klingon Bird of Prey.

Last but not least.... I am not a Kaiju fan, but the latest Godzilla design is just too good to pass and this fully articulated figure a stunner.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 21, 2022, 07:27:28 PM
Man, I've never been a gamer, but I might have to consider getting into Monster Hunter. Those creature designs are fire.

That's the main reason I got into the series, the designs are great. Volumes 19 and 20 are from Monster Hunter Rise,(the only MH game I currently have) which is on the Nintendo Switch and PC, the previous sets are from Monster Hunter World/Iceborne, which is on PlayStation, XBox, and PC. So it depends what console you have.

Not many non-dinosaur acquisitions this time, but I did pick up this Charizard from the Pokemon Select line.

I am the Dinosaur King!

PrimevalRaptor

Hope this isn't too off topic since I guess one could debate if this still falls under toys/figures but I got the Revell P-51D Mustang yesterday on a whim and finished it up today, been over a decade since I last built a model plane but this was pretty fun!

AcroSauroTaurus

A few recent additions.
CCP Ashen Lao-Shan Lung

S.H.MonsterArts Mechagodzilla-2021

S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla-Singular Point

I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Playmates Godzilla terrestris

Monster Hunter Figure Builder Vol. 21

Volvidon

Crimson Glow Valstrax

Ibushi

Narwa

Apex Rathalos

Apex Mizutsune

Crimson Glow Valstrax clear version
I am the Dinosaur King!

CityRaptor

Hot Wheels for Fun & Profit Family

Found them while hunting for some JW items.
One of the KITTs goes to my brother, the other will be preserved in case it might become useful. Got the Duck because I found it amusing.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

Great purchases everyone!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: