News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prehistoric Amphibians

Started by stemturtle, April 01, 2012, 01:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stemturtle

Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 11, 2014, 12:23:02 PM
I just found a draft dinotoyblog review by cordylus of the Playvisions prehistoric amphibians set, that I'd like to post. The only thing missing from the review are images, so I guess this is why the review was never published. I wondered if anyone here is willing to provide a photo of each Playvision figure for use on the blog?

Prehistoric Amphibians (Play Visions), 1998

Crassigyrinus

Eogyrinus

Eryops

Diplocaulus

Platyhystrix

Peltobatrachus

Gerrothorax

Triadobatrachus

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

DinoToyForum

Oh yummy! Great photos, please can I use them?  O:-)

stemturtle

Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 11, 2014, 04:21:28 PM
Oh yummy! Great photos, please can I use them?  O:-)

Why "soutonly." I never tire of looking at this set.
You gotta love that Triadobatrachus. 

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

DinoToyForum

Crackington

I've finally got a camera on a new mobile phone. Its not so great for focussing but have been able to take a few close-ups of my painted Revell Diplocaulus, as promised back in the Triassic. Sorry if a bit blurry!

DinoObsessed

Really digging this one nice job!

Hynerpeton

I have some of these cute guys. :) love these figures. :) some i don't have. :( hope to someday.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Halichoeres

Resin cast netsuke version of Gerrothorax with glass eyes, by Hirokazu Tokugawa
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

Kai the "frogamander" from Dino Mecard. Possibly intended as Gerobatrachus? Hard to be sure without being able to read Korean.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

Amphibamus by Long Ago Studio:

Halichoeres

Sbabam Metoposaurus. I think this is the first real toy amphibian in something like 15 years. And you thought ornithopods were neglected!

Stegotyranno420

Are there any figures of Konzhukovia or Prionosuchus?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 29, 2021, 02:08:30 AM
Are there any figures of Konzhukovia or Prionosuchus?

No, not to my knowledge. That would be cool, though! For what it's worth, I have every genus that has been made into a toy listed on the first page of my collection thread, even if I don't own it.

Edit: avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 they are probably not quite what you are after, but TST Advance makes a plush Prionosuchus (https://item.rakuten.co.jp/love-journey/6516/) and Alexander Belov makes a model kit in his "Prey Collection." Urzeitshop sells a built-up, painted version, although it's pricey. (https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/custom-made-models/3431-prionosuchus-striped-amphibian-model.html)

Halichoeres

Wild Past Kotlassia is an amphibian in a loose sense (stem-amniote, for the sticklers)

CollectA's Koolasuchus, one of the finest plastic amphibians there is

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.