News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

One intro to rule them all

Started by Hypsi, February 25, 2014, 09:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hypsi

I've been lurking here for a while, admiring other members' collections. Thought I would finally join in!

I live in beautiful San Diego, where we have a serious lack of dinosaurs.
The NAT hasn't update their collection in far too long, though they do have a pretty neat exhibit right now.

I inherited my love of Dinosaurs from my uncle and before college I had a very expansive collection of models and figures, but when I went away to school they mysteriously went extinct. Now I am working on rebuilding my collection, which is truly the pits.

Ebay pricing has really gone through the roof, and I never find much at thrift and yard sales.

Right now I am sculpting a 4ft replica of the juvenile Tyrannosaurus from The Lost World. Mostly I scaled it down so that I can more easily lift it, since I am on the smaller side. I just finished the clay base for the mold, so I might post pictures once I get further into the project (in case it fails early on).

I love art and dinosaurs, I own rats, I work with animals, my life goes many many directions.

DinoToyForum

Welcome! I look forward to seeing your T. Rex sculpture!  :D

tyrantqueen

Welcome to the forum. I'm always excited to see new sculpting talent.

Btw, I'm short-ish too, (5'3).

Gwangi

Welcome to the site. I look forward to seeing your T. rex. Like you I had a collection growing up too but there was nothing mysterious about its disappearance. Since then I've reacquired most of the better parts of it. Keep watching eBay, some real deals pop up on occasion. Especially in lots.

Hypsi

Quote from: Gwangi on February 25, 2014, 10:52:01 PMLike you I had a collection growing up too but there was nothing mysterious about its disappearance. Since then I've reacquired most of the better parts of it. Keep watching eBay, some real deals pop up on occasion. Especially in lots.
For some reason I got quite a laugh out of that first sentence.
Glad to hear that it can be done! I hate spending money on things twice, but alas.

I'll definitely make a thread for my T. rex once I get the foundation parts finished. I'm just picturing me working with a wooden frame = disaster.

@tyrantqueen - we are the same height! Well... I'm 5'3" in the morning, on a good day.

Balaur

Welcome! I also live in San Diego! ;)

Patrx

Quote from: SelleSnowy on February 25, 2014, 09:51:12 PM
I love art and dinosaurs, I own rats, I work with animals, my life goes many many directions.

Welcome! Rats are marvelous pets :D If I may ask, what sort of work do you do with animals?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SelleSnowy on February 25, 2014, 09:51:12 PM
I've been lurking here for a while, admiring other members' collections. Thought I would finally join in!

I live in beautiful San Diego, where we have a serious lack of dinosaurs.
The NAT hasn't update their collection in far too long, though they do have a pretty neat exhibit right now.

I inherited my love of Dinosaurs from my uncle and before college I had a very expansive collection of models and figures, but when I went away to school they mysteriously went extinct. Now I am working on rebuilding my collection, which is truly the pits.

Ebay pricing has really gone through the roof, and I never find much at thrift and yard sales.

Right now I am sculpting a 4ft replica of the juvenile Tyrannosaurus from The Lost World. Mostly I scaled it down so that I can more easily lift it, since I am on the smaller side. I just finished the clay base for the mold, so I might post pictures once I get further into the project (in case it fails early on).

Welcome !

That sounds like a really neat project ! Fell free to a create a thread in the Art section and post updates there .:)

amargasaurus cazaui

Welcome to the forum and good look with the Tyrannosaurus, hope to see it someday !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jetoar

welcome to the forum new friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.