News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

SHINZEN models

Started by postsaurischian, March 06, 2014, 12:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpittersForEver

Yep wish I had a shinzen model!

stoneage

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 27, 2014, 02:05:32 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 26, 2014, 05:44:18 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2014, 05:32:50 PM
Very nice. Would love to have both of those. I'm pretty sure that scaly Rex is new..it doesn't look like any of his previous work I've seen.   I'm assuming they are a set showing the differences in appearance ?
Given your preference for larger sized models, the only thing you'd be disappointed in is the size. They're only thirty centimetres long >:D

That's around 1:40 so not bad. I do 1:40 and up. But 1:40 is the smallest I like to go. :)

You prefer 1/1, too bad most of us don't have room for that.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stoneage on April 28, 2014, 12:44:45 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 27, 2014, 02:05:32 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 26, 2014, 05:44:18 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2014, 05:32:50 PM
Very nice. Would love to have both of those. I'm pretty sure that scaly Rex is new..it doesn't look like any of his previous work I've seen.   I'm assuming they are a set showing the differences in appearance ?
Given your preference for larger sized models, the only thing you'd be disappointed in is the size. They're only thirty centimetres long >:D

That's around 1:40 so not bad. I do 1:40 and up. But 1:40 is the smallest I like to go. :)

You prefer 1/1, too bad most of us don't have room for that.

Depends on the species. If I had a 1:1 Argentinosaurus it would have to be my new house... ;)

tyrantqueen

QuoteDepends on the species. If I had a 1:1 Argentinosaurus it would have to be my new house... ;)

Yeah, you could have a banquet/party in it like good old Waterhouse H. And invite all of us round for dinner >:D

CityRaptor

You could also recreate this scene with one of the Iguanodons in Münchehagen. ( They have many, and while most more or less reflect the current understanding of Iguanodon ( they are 90s models ), there is also a 50s one and one based on the Crystal Palace Version. The latter is specifically based on the incomplete model and it is possible to sit inside with several persons.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

If I ever, and that's a huge IF I would certainly invite everyone ! lol

dinoking

Just recently recieved several Shinzen models from Japan. Thought I would share some info on them:The prices and scales of the models are as follows:
1. T. Rex growth curve ( old adult laying down) $277.00 - appx. 1/22 scale
2. T. Rex growth curve ( adult standing) $247.00 - appx. 1/22 scale
3. T. Rex growth curve ( sub Adult ) $148.00 - appx. 1/22 scale
4. Triceratops $99.00 - appx. 1/25 scale
5. Stegosaurus (last one available) $79.00 - appx. 1/25 scale

Blade-of-the-Moon

Can you secure any more of them ?  I'd be interested in the old Rex and the sub adult if possible.

tyrantqueen

Me too, although I'm only interested in the old adult rex at the moment.

dinoking

I used a Japanese buying service called "The White Rabbit Express" to buy the models directly from Shinzen. The process is very easy to use. Just contact White Rabbit Express and sign up for their service and tell them what you want to buy from Japan. They will  find out the price of the items and provide you with a quote for the products plus their service charge and of course the shipping and handling charges. I sent payment via Paypal for the models which they in turn used to purchase the models  directly from Shinzen . They passed on the inbound shipping charges from Shinzen to their place of business ($14.00) and added their own service fee of ($95.00). The cost to ship the models to me in the USA was an additional ($75.00) which I recieved in only 2 or 3 days after I made the final payment(Great Service!). After it was all said and done, it was a very expensive purchase  but wothwhile when you consider how hard it is to get his stuff outside of Japan.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: dinoking on April 29, 2014, 05:43:18 AM
I used a Japanese buying service called "The White Rabbit Express" to buy the models directly from Shinzen. The process is very easy to use. Just contact White Rabbit Express and sign up for their service and tell them what you want to buy from Japan. They will  find out the price of the items and provide you with a quote for the products plus their service charge and of course the shipping and handling charges. I sent payment via Paypal for the models which they in turn used to purchase the models  directly from Shinzen . They passed on the inbound shipping charges from Shinzen to their place of business ($14.00) and added their own service fee of ($95.00). The cost to ship the models to me in the USA was an additional ($75.00) which I recieved in only 2 or 3 days after I made the final payment(Great Service!). After it was all said and done, it was a very expensive purchase  but wothwhile when you consider how hard it is to get his stuff outside of Japan.
Thanks for the tip, I'll probably end up using it myself :)

s.foulkes

For me even as amazing a sculpt as they are , they are asking too much money for them. the cost is about the same as my 31" long T-rex at 1/15th scale.
I was also told by my friend in Japan who was going to bring them to WF with him for me to buy there that the models are very small. not 1/20th but acutally 1/30th . which is not being honest ,therefore making you think your getting a much larger kit then you are. these are the sizes he quoted me: T-rex adults 17" - T-rex juvenile 11" , Triceratops 10.5" and the Stegosaur about 10.0" long. a 1/20th T-rex should be 24 " long! So I passed . Im  not paying close to 300$ (shipping included) for a 1/30th scale model . Shame as I really wanted them too.
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I decided to hold off myself. I'm sure you'll get around to doing a resting theropod at some point Shane. :)

tyrantqueen

That's a shame. I am still looking for a well sculpted, accurate 1/20 Tyrannosaurus. I think I'll go for Charlie McGrady's running T.rex pair.

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 18, 2014, 12:47:39 PM
That's a shame. I am still looking for a well sculpted, accurate 1/20 Tyrannosaurus. I think I'll go for Charlie McGrady's running T.rex pair.

....... or you'll wait for the Sideshow Krentz rex re-release ;).

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 18, 2014, 01:00:56 PM

If that happens... :o Don't give me ideas, hahaha >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 18, 2014, 01:06:52 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on May 18, 2014, 01:00:56 PM

If that happens... :o Don't give me ideas, hahaha >:D

There is another Rex coming by Jorge Blanco for Sideshow as well.

s.foulkes

Really ? did you see an image of it?
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: s.foulkes on May 19, 2014, 05:05:10 PM
Really ? did you see an image of it?

We saw the basic sculpt last year , I think it was in an issue of AFM.  According to the article there will be a T-Rex and Triceratops maybe with young and the two pieces can be placed together to form a larger scene.

Blade-of-the-Moon

sorry for the orientation :

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: