News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

SHINZEN models

Started by postsaurischian, March 06, 2014, 12:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

One day I hope to get one of the wonderful models made by Shinzen Takeuchi.
It's a pity you don't see them too often in the Western world.

I love the "Tyrannosaurus:Growth Curve" set :D!

tyrantqueen

I like his work a lot, shame it's so hard to get a hold of. Does anyone know why this Tyrannosaurus sculpt has such a massive....bulge under its tail? Is it about to lay eggs or something? :-\ I know the base of the tail was supposed to be muscular, but I think this is overdoing it a bit.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would love access to his pieces as well..aside from the mass market vinyls we occasionally get.

I honestly have no idea about that Rex.  I recall seeing it before and I couldn't figure if it was a sexual thing, maybe portraying a sickness like a hernia or gout,  or what really.

I always thought the Dinosaur King Sega Red Rex was a resculpt of it though. 

s.foulkes

Hemroids, I love the sculpt other than that. im hoping to have the 5 pc t-rex set at the end of May. im going to see if a friend of mine can bring it from Japan with him and I will grab it from him there? wish me luck, and money lol.
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

postsaurischian

Luck wished!
You must show them here after you've finished them, please :)!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: s.foulkes on March 07, 2014, 08:36:48 PM
Hemroids, I love the sculpt other than that. im hoping to have the 5 pc t-rex set at the end of May. im going to see if a friend of mine can bring it from Japan with him and I will grab it from him there? wish me luck, and money lol.

lol very good luck Shane !

Do you have to buy the entire set or can you pick and choose ?

s.foulkes

Not sure ,depends on what he can get for me. I will post here if I get them.
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: s.foulkes on March 08, 2014, 01:45:13 AM
Not sure ,depends on what he can get for me. I will post here if I get them.

If it turns out you can choose, I wouldn't mind getting the old rex and the young juvenile..it would make a neat diorama. The older watchful adult and the playful juvenile animal running around keeping him from sleep.. lol

tyrantqueen

Shinzen sculpted a feathered rex, I just found out. I might post some photos from his book if people are curious.

Patrx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 26, 2014, 06:11:23 AM
Shinzen sculpted a feathered rex, I just found out. I might post some photos from his book if people are curious.

Yes, please  :D

tyrantqueen

Okay, here is the fuzzy tyrannosaurus from Shinzen's book, Dinosaur Creation Project

He is adorable. Wish I had one :-[

Blade-of-the-Moon

the feathering looks nice..is there a better shot of the head ?

tyrantqueen

Here you are

Sorry about the horrible scan, my dad's scanner is not good.

postsaurischian

Shinzen is awesome :)!
Do you know if this is his 1:35 T. rex in the comparison pic?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 26, 2014, 10:00:30 AM
Shinzen is awesome :)!
Do you know if this is his 1:35 T. rex in the comparison pic?
Not sure...it seems like a new-ish sculpt, because the book shows the progress he went through sculpting it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Very nice. Would love to have both of those. I'm pretty sure that scaly Rex is new..it doesn't look like any of his previous work I've seen.   I'm assuming they are a set showing the differences in appearance ?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2014, 05:32:50 PM
Very nice. Would love to have both of those. I'm pretty sure that scaly Rex is new..it doesn't look like any of his previous work I've seen.   I'm assuming they are a set showing the differences in appearance ?
Given your preference for larger sized models, the only thing you'd be disappointed in is the size. They're only thirty centimetres long >:D

Patrx

Very cool! It sort of reminds me of John Conway's recent Tyrannosaurus illustration.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I love the feathered Rex!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 26, 2014, 05:44:18 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2014, 05:32:50 PM
Given your preference for larger sized models, the only thing you'd be disappointed in is the size. They're only thirty centimetres long >:D

That's around 1:40 so not bad. I do 1:40 and up. But 1:40 is the smallest I like to go. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: