You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Spinosauridae (Spinosaurus, Baryonyx, Suchomimus, Irritator, etc.)

Started by Sauropodlet, March 18, 2014, 01:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killekor

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 30, 2017, 02:55:03 PM
No, it is affixed, not removable. Sadly.  But it certainly couldn't stand up without it.

Ah! :( :( :( That Ruins it to me...

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

BlueKrono

My favorite individual dinosaur toy since preschool - the Carnegie Spinosaurus. And repaint. And Salvat knockoff.

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I will be working on my own Spinosaurus model. It will be in 1:40 scale and come with a base. The base will have 3 Onchopristis and 2 turtles. The water will be QuickWater. The Spinosaurus will have feathers. I might also make a walking form. It will be in the accurate position with its tail dragging and mid waddle with one foot partially off the ground. I will do the swimming one first and I should have the armature finished by Easter. If you have any suggestions for the color let me know. I should have the full model finished and painted by the end of June.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 03, 2017, 02:49:59 PM
I will be working on my own Spinosaurus model. It will be in 1:40 scale and come with a base. The base will have 3 Onchopristis and 2 turtles. The water will be QuickWater. The Spinosaurus will have feathers. I might also make a walking form. It will be in the accurate position with its tail dragging and mid waddle with one foot partially off the ground. I will do the swimming one first and I should have the armature finished by Easter. If you have any suggestions for the color let me know. I should have the full model finished and painted by the end of June.

What kind of turtle?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CrypticPrism

Hey, does anyone know if bioniclesaurus has a forum account?
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 03, 2017, 02:54:40 PM
Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 03, 2017, 02:49:59 PM

What kind of turtle?
One of the snake neck turtles, you know, the ones with a constant smile on their face, except the prehistoric counterpart. Here's the modern one and the prehistoric one(there are a few next to the Spiny's):

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I have the CollectA deluxe Spinosaurus, two ripoffs of the Papo Spinosaurus, and the Schleich Spinosaurus.

Counterklock

I'm starting off my spiny collection with a family! (+1 baby rex)

Fembrogon

postsaurischian

Favorite Softmodel Spinosaurus evolution
                          from right to left: first series by Takashi Oda, second series first & second version - both by Kazunari Araki

Kaiyodo ~ The Dinosaur Expo 2016  Spinosaurus aegyptiacus  (originally sculpted by Shinzen Takeuchi)

KANNA DINOSAUR CENTER  ~  Spinosaurus aegyptiacus

David Krentz ~ 1:40 Spinosaurus

Mackeral

BlueKrono

I wish I could see the fish on the Kanna one better. Is it a certain species?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 12, 2018, 03:02:55 PM
I wish I could see the fish on the Kanna one better. Is it a certain species?

It's a Lepidotes:

It's wildly out of scale with the Spinosaurus, though!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you postsaurischian for the photos that pretty figures of spinosaurus those of the company Favorite and Kaiyodo!

The spinosaurus of Kanna and David Krentz are separate figures since the resin figures in many cases tend to be figures of greater scope in quality and price.  :)

EmperorDinobot

JW:FK Baryonyx and JP and JPD Baryonyx.
Review coming soon.

Patrx

Man, is it my imagination or is the new JW Baryonyx more similar to the JW design by Julius Csotonyi than it is to the creature in the trailer? The hands look surprisingly accurate.

PhilSauria

I'm really liking this Baryonyx, a must have for my shelves.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Patrx on March 19, 2018, 10:12:16 PM
Man, is it my imagination or is the new JW Baryonyx more similar to the JW design by Julius Csotonyi than it is to the creature in the trailer? The hands look surprisingly accurate.
Not your imagination, Mattel and JW: Evolution are both deliberately basing a lot of animals on as many expanded universe elements as they could get.

MoarCrossovers

Is the Collecta Ichthyovenator moulded or inserted into its base?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: MoarCrossovers on April 18, 2018, 04:46:54 PM
Is the Collecta Ichthyovenator moulded or inserted into its base?

Collecta does not use removable bases.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: