News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hello fellow collectors and enthusiasts!

Started by KaraWildsong42, April 07, 2014, 03:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KaraWildsong42

You're not allowed to call them dinosaurs any more," said Yo-less. "It's speciesist. You have to call them pre-petroleum persons. -Terry Pratchett

KaraWildsong42

Quote from: stoneage on April 08, 2014, 09:56:23 PM
Quote from: KaraWildsong42 on April 08, 2014, 12:47:11 AM
@Blade-of-the-Moon: Thank you! :)

@tyrantqueen: Thanks! Hehe, am i that obvious? ;)

@Patrx: Whoo! Go late twenties! Rofl! ;)

@dinotoyforum: Thank you very much!

@docronnie: Thank you! :)

@stoneage: Boy do I! It had little hatchlings down by its feet and everything! I actually had a nightmare about it after seeing the Pee Wee Herman movie!  :-[

@amargasaurus cazaui: Lol! Well Happy Not-Quite-Yet-Unbirthday!

@Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus: Thank you very much! :)

Thank you all SO much for the warm welcome!  ;D

You wouldn't by any chance have pictures of that T-rex?

I don't, but I'm almost certain my parents will have some. I'll try to look through the albums when I visit next!
You're not allowed to call them dinosaurs any more," said Yo-less. "It's speciesist. You have to call them pre-petroleum persons. -Terry Pratchett

stoneage

Quote from: KaraWildsong42 on April 09, 2014, 02:49:40 AM

@stoneage: Boy do I! It had little hatchlings down by its feet and everything! I actually had a nightmare about it after seeing the Pee Wee Herman movie!  :-[

I don't, but I'm almost certain my parents will have some. I'll try to look through the albums when I visit next!

The T-rex was originally inside with out the babies.  I'm really disappointed that they don't have it anymore. I heard it was in too bad of shape.  I don't think it did too well outside. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Have you searched online for pics ?   What museum was it again ?

KaraWildsong42

Quote from: stoneage on April 09, 2014, 11:51:09 PM
Quote from: KaraWildsong42 on April 09, 2014, 02:49:40 AM

The T-rex was originally inside with out the babies.  I'm really disappointed that they don't have it anymore. I heard it was in too bad of shape.  I don't think it did too well outside.

Oh wow, I never knew why they got rid of it. That's terrible. It seems they'd have the room to keep it in the inside lobby or something if it wasn't going to do well outside.

KaraWildsong42

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 10, 2014, 02:19:32 AM

It's the Indianapolis Childrens Museum. :) Good memories! ;)

amargasaurus cazaui

Did you happen to come away with any pictures of the Baby Louie display or perhaps the psittacosaurus they have displayed? That psittacosaurus is a cast but is very well done and the baby louie display is incredible.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

KaraWildsong42

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 10, 2014, 02:55:01 AM
Did you happen to come away with any pictures of the Baby Louie display or perhaps the psittacosaurus they have displayed? That psittacosaurus is a cast but is very well done and the baby louie display is incredible.

Unfortunately I haven't been in AGES. Last time I went, they still had the CineDome and not the Dinosphere they have now. But as soon as I saw the billboards advertising the mummified Brachylophosaurus; Leonardo; I told my husband we HAD to go. So sooner or later I'll get back! ^^ I miss it terribly. :(

stoneage

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 10, 2014, 02:19:32 AM
I've looked in the past but not recently.  I doubt I'll find any.

Zhuchengotyrant

-Zhuchengotyrant