News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Godzilla ?

Started by tw22, April 18, 2014, 09:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tw22

Hi there, long time no post ...

I came across this at a sale ... it was in a HUGE box of old 80's toys: He-Man, TMNT, Ultraman, Silver Hawks, you name it. There was also a lot of dinos from Hong Kong (larger dinos) ...

I saw this one, and I'm assuming it's a Godzilla of some kind ? The closest I've come to identifying it, is here:

http://thetrashcollector.com/toysactionfigures.html

It says it is a "Godzilla Clone Action Figure (circa 1970s/1980s) UNAVAILABLE
Hard rubber and plastic unofficial Gojira figure.
Made in China [4" x 9" x 9"]
Figure is Very Fine."

Mine is made in Hong Kong (see stamping) ... and I'm not sold that this is one and the same as the link.

Does anyone know what this is ? Is it a generic dino, or one of Godzilla's friends/foes ? Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

tyrantqueen

I don't think it's an official Toho Godzilla toy. It looks to be a cheap Asian Godzilla "clone", made in the style of Godzilla himself but not truly authentic.  They're actually quite common :) If it was official they'd be a trademark on it somewhere.

tw22

Ahhh  ... that makes sense. A "clone". And probably not a variation that is collectible I take it either.

That's too bad lol :) Thx for the input though, always appreciated ^_^

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have a couple of these.  They were valuable once, now they command around 8-10.00 each. They come on a couple of colors, mine's blue. There is also a Gigan one.  They aren't exactly knockoffs, just made in Godzilla's image ( for the most part ) .   Many kids in the 80's had em' it seems.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.