News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Scipionyx's Drawings

Started by Scipionyx, April 22, 2014, 11:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipionyx

Hello. As I said in my introduction thread, I often draw dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals. Here are some examples I have drawn recently, I hope you like them!

Archaeopteryx lithographica

Leaellynasaura. I have heard that it is likely that small ornithopods had feather-like integument on their bodies. I'm not completely convinced, but I decided to try anyway. I decided to draw it as thick and woolly, because Leaellynasaura lived in a cold environment.

Tyrannosaurus and Struthiomimus. I thought I'd be clever here and add accurate-ish plant life, but it turns out fossils of Ginkgoites (the genus I was thinking of while drawing the tree) haven't been found in the Hell Creek formation (where this was meant to be set).

This last one is inaccurate, because instead of measuring proportions from photos of fossils or skeletal restorations (as I normally do), I just looked at some of the skeletal diagrams in Greg Paul's Predatory Dinosaurs of the World and drew it without measuring. This of course means that the proportions are incorrect, and the shape of the skulls are probably wrong too.

Any critique on accuracy/plausibility or artistic quality would be very much appreciated. I'm always looking to improve accuracy, especially on ornithichians, as I know next to nothing about their anatomy! You can expect me to post more drawings soon.

Painting by Heinrich Harder.

Scipionyx

Balaur

Oh hey! I know you from deviantart. I'm Alexornis Antecedens!w

Scipionyx

It's nice to see a familiar face!

EmperorDinobot

Excellent work with Archaeopteryx!

Scipionyx

I've drawn another Archaeopteryx, this time coming down to land.

Balaur

Yutyrannus

I saw that on deviantart earlier, it is very good :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Scipionyx

Scipionyx

If anyone is interested, I've drawn a few more drawings since I last posted.

Spinosaurus in the water.

Iguanodon portrait.

Changyuraptor foraging in the leaf litter.

Three portraits: Deinonychus, Archaeopteryx and Caudipteryx.

As always, anything in the way of constructive criticism would be extremely helpful (especially on the Iguanodon)!

laticauda

Nice drawings!  Personally my favorite was, Changyuraptor foraging in the leaf litter.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.