News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Paleogene Pal's recent aquisitions

Started by Paleogene Pals, May 03, 2014, 04:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleogene Pals

This came in today. Shane Foulke's 1/18 Acrocanthosaurus painted by Martin Garrett. Very expensive, but a most beautiful work of art...worth every penny!  This could fit into Sideshow Dinosauria, eh? I want to thank Shane, Martin, and Marilyn Price (who packed and shipped the piece) for their awesomeness. 

verinnius

This is a absolutely stunning piece!  I like how beefy he is.  Looks like a successful predator!

Blade-of-the-Moon

tyrantqueen

Cool stuff :) Like verinnius said, I like how powerful looking and muscular this guy is (and Shane Foulkes' dinos are usually pretty buff anyway). Are you going to display it with the rest of your 1/20s?

postsaurischian

:D Awesome piece! Beautiful colours. Congratulations!
   Martin and Marilyn are wonderful people :-*   (btw.: the name is Garratt)

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Very cool piece! Definitely one of the finest Acrocanthosaurs I've ever seen.

fabricious

I absolutely adore this one. What a great acquisition! The turtle makes this diorama even more amazing and lifelike. Great work by Shane on this. :)

Paleogene Pals

Thank you everybody, but don't forget about Martin Garrett and his amazing paint work!

Paleogene Pals

I guess Martin's last name is spelled 'Garratt'. Another example of getting older  :'(  So, I didn't get every single word correct...

I do highly recommend Martin and Marilyn though, just having him paint increases the value greatly! I plan on send them many more pieces

Paleogene Pals

Oh, and, uh, one more thing, to answer TQ, yes the Acrocanthosaurus will be terrorizing my 1/20 collection.  He already ate one of my ornithopods last night.  :'(

Paleogene Pals

I finally have time to post pictures of the other pieces I had built and painted by Martin

1/18 Jonathan Rader Kaprosuchus

1/20 Matt Manit Iguanodon

tyrantqueen

Awww, makes me jealous I never got a chance to pick up that Manit Iguanodon :-[ You have good taste in kits, sir >:D

Paleogene Pals

Here is my 1/20 Embolotherium by Paleoworld Studios. A very nice kit with hardly any seams or flash. I just attached the head to the body with Gorilla Glue and filled in the gaps with Magic Sculpt. Next is sanding and adding detail to the filled-in areas.

The pictures doesn't do this piece justice!

I also have their two Australopithecus, but they have been sent to Martin for build up and painting.

Paleogene Pals

Paleogene Pals

My Pegasus Hobbies Great White Shark built by Martin Garrat, awesome!

Paleogene Pals

1/20-scale Kaiyodo Dinoland Archelon turtle, built by Martin

This may be a favorite piece, one among many.  ^-^

Paleogene Pals

A couple of pieces by Brandon DeMoss, belately-posted. Sorry Brandon!

His Poposaurus with custom base

Archaeornithomimus with custom base

Together

alexeratops

Awesome stuff PAL! HARHARHARHARHARHAr pelted with tomatoes

(sorry TQ)
like a bantha!

Paleogene Pals

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: