News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Best place to buy sideshow carnotuarus?

Started by SpittersForEver, May 05, 2014, 02:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpittersForEver

Hello everyone,
Simple question here, where is the best place to buy the sideshow carnotuarus?
Bearing in mind I live in the Uk and really care about reliability, where would you choose to buy from?
Yes I know I'm 11 but it's my birthday and I will give the money from my last birthday (£80) and ask for this!
Thanks in advance! :)

SpittersForEver

No ebay please!
It's just a personel thing.
Bad experiance.

DinoLord

Given that the maquette was limited edition and has been retired already, eBay is pretty much your only option. Be prepared to pay more than it originally went for.

However, Sideshow does seem to be re-releasing some of the old Dinosauria maquettes in repainted versions recently, so perhaps you could wait and see if they do that for the Carnotaurus.

tyrantqueen

Sorry to disappoint you, but you won't be able to get it for eighty pounds. It's worth far more than that. The bronze edition on eBay is selling for over four hundred pounds. Not sure how much the original would go for, but it would probably be more.

Bear in mind it would probably ship from the US, so you'd also need to pay shipping and custom charges. They'd amount to over a hundred pounds together, as well.

SpittersForEver

CityRaptor

I would suggest the Papo Carnotaurus instead. Ideal for a small budget and space. And "inspired" by the Sideshow one. http://dinotoyblog.com/2013/02/03/carnotaurus-papo/
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SpittersForEver on May 05, 2014, 10:42:25 PM
so £600?
You just crushed my dreams  :(
At least I'm not giving you false hope for something that will never happen ;) CityRaptor's right, you should take a look at Papo's Carnotaurus instead.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I would opt for the Papo Carno for now.

If you can save and get the bronze version, it could be repainted to be the original color scheme.  I know Martin's been dying to paint one of them.

SpittersForEver

I have some money in my bank account that would be enough for £600 but then thats almost all of my money :(
If they reissue it then maybe but palo one would have to do!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SpittersForEver on May 06, 2014, 05:20:56 PM
I have some money in my bank account that would be enough for £600 but then thats almost all of my money :(
If they reissue it then maybe but palo one would have to do!
I hate to sound so boring, but you'd best save that £600. You never know when that money could come in handy in future. You're young and you have your whole future ahead of you.

CityRaptor

I also agree with TQ on that. You never know when you might need that money. I also doubt that your parents would allow you spending so much on that figure.
Get the Papo Carno instead.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SpittersForEver

Thanks guys, I suppose I could need it in the future. The papo one could be used in a diorama aswell.
So, I think you're right but do any of you have a sideshow dinosaur that I could see a picture of?
Anyway thanks for the advice!

dinosaurdungeon

it's being re-released soon. so just wait a bit.

SpittersForEver

Paleogene Pals

Just to reinforce what TQ and CityRaptor are saying, do not clean out your entire savings for one kit, it isn't worth it. I've been on this Earth for 42 years and have learned how important having savings are. If anything, I would take some of your savings now and invest it something that will earn you interest like a CD. In other words, make your money make you money!  Ask your bank about what kind of plans they offer.

As for the Carnotaurus, patience young Jedi, patience.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on May 13, 2014, 01:15:55 PM
....... patience young Jedi, patience.

:) Yes, patience can save you a lot of money. I would say: Never spend more than £300 for the Carnotaurus maquette, because I'm sure that they will re-release it as well.
However ... when I was 11 years old I wasn't able to spend so much money on anything. I'm not sure if it would be good because your tastes will also definitely change and in a certain time you might need the money for something more important you aren't aware of now (a guitar maybe ;D ... I started at the age of 12).

BTW.: The bronze editions were more expensive than the standart painted statues. So I would say they're also more expensive on eBay now :-\.

dinosaurdungeon

Also, Shane Foulks, and I will be sculpting Carnotaurus very soon. I am just starting mine, and I'm hoping to have it done in the fall. And we know that Shane's will be amazing!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: drjre77 on May 13, 2014, 03:52:43 PM
Also, Shane Foulks, and I will be sculpting Carnotaurus very soon. I am just starting mine, and I'm hoping to have it done in the fall. And we know that Shane's will be amazing!!

You know..you two should collaborate. Each one make a Carno that can put in a scene together. Maybe a mating dance, territorial challenge, something like that ?

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 13, 2014, 05:22:06 PM

You know..you two should collaborate. Each one make a Carno that can put in a scene together. Maybe a mating dance, territorial challenge, something like that ?

Good idea!

dinosaurdungeon

Quote from: SpittersForEver on May 13, 2014, 05:33:59 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 13, 2014, 05:22:06 PM

Good idea!
that would be cool for sure! I was making mine 1/18 scale, but I have been told that 1/15 is better. so it will be 1/15 scale. Shane's will be 1/15 as well. I will talk to him at Wonderfest and see what he thinks.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: