News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Which should I get?

Started by SpittersForEver, May 30, 2014, 09:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpittersForEver

I am looking for a medium sized carnivore toy and a large sauropod.
If you have one you would like to sell then PM me.
Thanks

this could be put in the classifieds section but Idk so moderators, please feel free to move it  :)

Gwangi

A couple large sauropods to consider would be the newer Carnegie Diplodocus or Papo Brachiosaurus. Both are some of the larger toy sauropods currently out there. For a theropod, why not the Papo Allosaurus? Beautiful model and could be placed in a diorama with either of those sauropods.

I have none to sell but they're pretty easy to find.

amargasaurus cazaui

I find myself agreeing with Gwangi's choice of sauropods here as well. I have actually recently purchased a second copy to have painted and redone to make it even more lifelike and so forth. I quite agree with this selection myself, great model , nicely posed and seemingly very accurate.
  I am not a big theropod collector myself so I will defer from the answer to that one, no obvious choice there for me.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Everything_Dinosaur

There is a lot of choice out there at the moment, try searching on the Everything Dinosaur blog site Everything Dinosaur Blog we post up lots of pictures and written reviews, we have videos of a lot of the models.  If you want further information on Papo, Safari Ltd, Collecta, Bullyland etc, just drop us an email and we will do our best to help.

Email: Contact Us

Hope this helps.

SpittersForEver

Thank you very much but I am going to get the camarasaurus again, it's an amazing model, I believe they stock it at Everything Dinosaur

amargasaurus cazaui

err in line with both Gwangie and my suggestion, you specifically requested a LARGE sauropod...camarsaurus would fall more into the medium size than large if considering sauropods. While it is a large dinosaur, in sauropod terms it is a middleweight
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

SpittersForEver

I know but I don't really like any of these, I already have purchased a camarasaurus and it is medium sized but I like it more than the big ones listed here. The CollectA deluxe sauropods look good but I don't know if they are big like I originally asked for.

tyrantqueen

When you say "big", do you mean as in a large species (such as Giraffatitan, Argentinosaurus etc), or the size of the toy itself?

Because sauropods are often so large (compared to other dinosaurs), a lot of the time companies will deliberately produce their sauropod toys in smaller scales (such as 1/50) to keep costs down. So some of them may not be in scale with other toys from the line.

An example of this would be the Carnegie Brachiosaurus, which was produced in 1/50. Favorite Ltd. also does this with their sauropods.

SpittersForEver

I'll get the Jobaria and TQ I mean the actual size, sorry that I wasn't clear  ::)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.