News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Protochirotherium

Started by Hynerpeton, June 04, 2014, 04:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hynerpeton

Is it a pre Dino? I see bullyland makes one. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

CityRaptor

Given that Protochirotherium is from the Early Triassic, and the oldest known Dinosaurs are from the Late Triassic, I would say: Yes.

Also, what's with your many posts?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 04, 2014, 01:22:12 PM

Wondering about that too. Most of these topics already have a thread (Protochirotherium for example) or have already been discussed in depth, all it takes is to use the search function. Alternatively, if you have a lot of questions they could be combined into one single thread.

Hynerpeton

Thanks. I am sorry. :( did not know we had a post about what it was. :(
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Gwangi

Don't worry about it. The Protochirotherium was all the rage a couple months ago when it came out and members starting getting them, we talked about it a lot in various threads. That is why I was surprised to see another thread start up about it.

Libraraptor even wrote a review for it.
http://dinotoyblog.com/2014/02/08/protochirotherium-bullyland-exclusive-for-the-regionalmuseum-wolfhagen-germany/

Hynerpeton

I really want one. But seem pricey. :(
Walking With Monsers:

SBell

Given that Protochirotherium is from the Early Triassic, and the oldest known Dinosaurs are from the Late Triassic, I would say: Yes.

Technically, Protochirotherium refers to the fossil footprints that were found at a site in Germany. Based on age, shape and size, the best hypothesis is that they were left by a rauisuchian of some kind, which was reconstructed for the figure.

And I would suggest getting it, regardless of price. It's a nice one, and it is limited in numbers. Like many of the figures you ask questions about, it will eventually become even harder to get and more expensive--get them now while you can.

Gwangi

Quote from: SBell on June 05, 2014, 01:46:02 AM

Technically, Protochirotherium refers to the fossil footprints that were found at a site in Germany. Based on age, shape and size, the best hypothesis is that they were left by a rauisuchian of some kind, which was reconstructed for the figure.

And I would suggest getting it, regardless of price. It's a nice one, and it is limited in numbers. Like many of the figures you ask questions about, it will eventually become even harder to get and more expensive--get them now while you can.

Agreed. If something rare becomes easily available you don't want to miss out on it. The foot prints on the base are even modeled directly after the actual fossil prints, too cool not to have in a collection. Especially a "pre-dino" collection.

Hynerpeton

Ah thanks. :) i will get it once i can find one not too high on my end. :)
Walking With Monsers:

SBell

Quote from: predino on June 05, 2014, 05:08:41 AM

You have two option--go to the German museum, or get one from Dejankins.com

Failing that, they are not going to get less in price. I should get another... ;)

Chad

Dean is sold out, actually. These suckers are going to be tough to get very soon.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: SBell on June 05, 2014, 02:25:44 PM

Failing that, they are not going to get less in price. I should get another... ;)

Does the site ship to USA?
Walking With Monsers:

SBell

Quote from: predino on June 06, 2014, 03:39:50 AM
Quote from: SBell on June 05, 2014, 02:25:44 PM

Does the site ship to USA?

Yes. But it appears he's out, and I do know it was a special shipment from the German museum. You might have to contact Libraptor on the off chance he still has some. He also sold them worldwide (the museum itself didn't ship as far as I know).

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:

Hynerpeton

What store besides feepay have this figure? Does anyone here have one? Willing to pay $20. :)
Walking With Monsers:

CityRaptor

Was it really neccesary to open an extra treat for this question, given that there are already two threads about this figure, with the second being made by you just a few days ago?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

In fact, why not keep all your 'wants' limited to a single thread per the norm? I doubt these will be the last.

Hynerpeton

Its weird cause i searched for the animal toy and said zero results. Why i posted it again. :( not sure what is going on.  :o
Walking With Monsers:

SBell

Except you, yourself, actually created a thread for this exact same figure.

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2318.msg62077#msg62077 Can the mods combine these threads?

And we answered the questions there. There is now one place that you can buy the figure. The museum in Germany. Unless Libraptor has anymore (doubtful but worth a Private Message to him). Or ebay, but it'll cost a lot. Not as much as a trip to Germany, I suppose...

postsaurischian

Quote from: SBell on June 07, 2014, 10:24:54 PM
And we answered the questions there. There is now one place that you can buy the figure. The museum in Germany. Unless Libraptor has anymore (doubtful but worth a Private Message to him). Or ebay, but it'll cost a lot. Not as much as a trip to Germany, I suppose...

C:-) Dan also has it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: