News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Heterodontosaurus

Started by Hynerpeton, June 20, 2014, 08:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hynerpeton

Anyone know what companies make a toy of this?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Balaur

I don't think anybody has. That's one animal that should be made.

Roselaar

To my knowledge, only Inpro. That's why it's in the Unique Species Thread.

amargasaurus cazaui

That is why each year and each time the topic is raised I ask for a model of Pegomastax Africana, and keep asking our resident artists on Shapeways to tackle the dinosaur.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Hynerpeton

And each year we our shot down. :(
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: predino on June 21, 2014, 12:09:41 AM
And each year we our shot down. :(
No, you're not. The artists are just busy.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 20, 2014, 10:47:41 PM
That is why each year and each time the topic is raised I ask for a model of Pegomastax Africana, and keep asking our resident artists on Shapeways to tackle the dinosaur.

If you had the funds you could hire a shapeways artist to make one, it's not terribly expensive.

brandem

Heck I'd make one if someone wanted to commission it. I really don't mind have the time and it would add a figure to my set.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Exactly. See there are artist's out there willing to do the work, but we need to support them and their efforts.  It's hard to just make something and hope it sells.

Hynerpeton

I wish i knew how to make one. I make one myself.
Walking With Monsers:

SBell

A very strange one was made by Inpro a long time ago.

And this odd little chinasaur may be one as well:

But neither one would be considered 'modern' or 'good'.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: SBell on June 21, 2014, 06:22:05 AM
A very strange one was made by Inpro a long time ago.

And this odd little chinasaur may be one as well:

But neither one would be considered 'modern' or 'good'.

How rare are they both? Would not mind owning them, at least i have one.
Walking With Monsers:

SBell

Inpro is not common anymore, but can be found. Ebay sellers often greatly overvalue them.

The chinasaur one still shows up in sets and bins. I got it many years ago, but I know I've seen it lots of times since then. It can be found at urzeitshop under the name psittacosaurus (like I said, it looked like a Heterodontosaurus to me, but it isn't named, so it's tougher to search for.

SpittersForEver

Roselaar

As the Chinasaur is not named, the Inpro figure still stands as the only figure representation of this species in the Unique Species Thread. :)

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on June 21, 2014, 05:30:51 PM
As the Chinasaur is not named, the Inpro figure still stands as the only figure representation of this species in the Unique Species Thread. :)

Sadly, Urzheit may have ruined that for you anyway:

http://www.urzeitshop.de/Nach-Marke-Hersteller/Cornelissen/Heterodontosaurus-Dinosaurier-Miniatur.html?listtype=search&searchparam=heterodontosaurus

That said, it doesn't look much like one.And I don't know if it is labelled or anything. Honestly, the chinasaur may actually be the closest representation, with or without labels.

Hynerpeton

The chinasaur one i found at everything dinosaur. Which i will buy there. ;)
Walking With Monsers:

Megalosaurus

I also bought it from Everything dinosaur, but thinking of Camptosaurus.

Quote from: stemturtle on April 15, 2012, 12:36:36 AM

Ankylosaurus, Camptosaurus, Corythosaurus
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on June 21, 2014, 06:04:33 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on June 21, 2014, 05:30:51 PM

Sadly, Urzheit may have ruined that for you anyway:

http://www.urzeitshop.de/Nach-Marke-Hersteller/Cornelissen/Heterodontosaurus-Dinosaurier-Miniatur.html?listtype=search&searchparam=heterodontosaurus

That said, it doesn't look much like one.And I don't know if it is labelled or anything. Honestly, the chinasaur may actually be the closest representation, with or without labels.

Oops, there goes Heterodontosaurus... :)

Gwangi

If it is a Camptosaurus it's better than the CollectA one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: