News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo, Yujin, Colorata & Favorite Fish-Mix

Started by postsaurischian, April 06, 2012, 02:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

This thread about Japanese Fish figures started on the old forum.
See the first pages at the Archive, here: http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=othertoys&action=display&thread=3014

2 Colorata Whale Sharks:
left: 'Sharks of the World - Museum Model'
right: from the 'Sharks of the World - Sharks DX' box

SBell

You're missing the Rhincodon from the original box:

postsaurischian

brontodocus

Hehe, I guess we will revive more or less all of these old threads, and this is of course a classic one! :)

Two more Whale Sharks from Japan (and one from Taiwan):

Background: Whale Shark paper model by Taiwan designer Civi Cheng from his book "Make My Own Ocean Animals", length 281 mm.
Foreground: (left) Kaiyodo Aquatales Series 2 No. 19, length 69 mm; (right) Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour Ocean 1 No. 3, length 93 mm.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention that it's quite interesting to see how similar the Colorata DX and Museum figure are, apparently! :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

TeamRJMJ20

So I'm a little late to this party, but I happened to get a wild interest in whale sharks all of a sudden and found this through the old forums (I was a member there). So anyways, I see the museum model has poseability, like this:

Does the one from the shark set pose as well? And how? I don't really see any places the shark could move other than the fins. And I guess also, what other poseability do the Colorata sharks have, if any?

SBell

Quote from: TeamRJMJ20 on July 10, 2012, 03:59:18 AM
So I'm a little late to this party, but I happened to get a wild interest in whale sharks all of a sudden and found this through the old forums (I was a member there). So anyways, I see the museum model has poseability, like this:

Does the one from the shark set pose as well? And how? I don't really see any places the shark could move other than the fins. And I guess also, what other poseability do the Colorata sharks have, if any?
It doesn't flex or articulate--that is a bad graphic indicating that the peg is a ball joint, and the figure can rotate around the horizontal plane and rock up and down in the vertical plane. But the body remains straight.

DinoToyForum

Welcome to the forum.  8)

Yeah, the picture is a bit misleading.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.