News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REMOVE thread please

Started by Hynerpeton, July 13, 2014, 08:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: predino on July 15, 2014, 01:57:21 AM
Cause i got what needed. Don't need the thread.

Yes I contacted him. Nothing more can be done. Out of my hands. Lets leave it.

Boy i miss the delete button. :(

I think many of us would like to know how it gets resolved--and what, exactly happened. Perhaps Libraraptor will be able to explain once he comes down from his World Cup high  ;)

tyrantqueen

QuoteOtherwise, it might be tough for the rest of the forum to help this member out with other finds later--knowing that predino has a long wish-list of some pretty rare and/or hard to source figures. Just saying, we try to trade in fairness here.

QuoteI think it's a matter of principles and honesty. As others have said, I too have a perception that this is a really safe place for trading and selling/buying, because all members are really good people, honest and always hold up their end of the deal. If that's changed, DTF wouldn't be the same.

Yes...we all make mistakes but I think it's important to offer the same kind of service to others that we expect for ourselves. If I was in the Libraraptor's position I would be annoyed.

CityRaptor

Wasn't there already an issue with Libraraptor and predino in the past. I think it was predino questioning Libra's reliability.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

UK

I think predino might be a young adult or even a child? Should this not be taken into account before we stoke what could be a total non-event into a hysterical ranting session?

stargatedalek

if Libraptor has nothing to comment than presumably this has been resolved
if not, than Libraptor can say at any point and then this discussion can be brought up again when more information is known

Gwangi

Quote from: UK on July 15, 2014, 12:37:54 PM
I think predino might be a young adult or even a child? Should this not be taken into account before we stoke what could be a total non-event into a hysterical ranting session?

Pre-dino was Gorgonopsid on the old forum. She has been around longer than I have and I joined in 2010, the site was launched in 2009. I don't know how old she is but she has been a member here long enough to know the proper etiquette. Not just in trade dealings but with the site overall. I also don't know how old she was when she joined but it has been 7 years. If she was 10 when she joined that would make her 17 now. We have a lot of mature members in that age bracket. Maybe she was younger but we have a lot of other young members that seem to understand how things work around here.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on July 15, 2014, 05:18:43 PM

Pre-dino was Gorgonopsid on the old forum. She has been around longer than I have and I joined in 2010, the site was launched in 2009. I don't know how old she is but she has been a member here long enough to know the proper etiquette. Not just in trade dealings but with the site overall. I also don't know how old she was when she joined but it has been 7 years. If she was 10 when she joined that would make her 17 now. We have a lot of mature members in that age bracket. Maybe she was younger but we have a lot of other young members that seem to understand how things work around here.
You gave Gorgonopsid a negative once before, right? Here it is:

QuoteI had hoped I would never have to do this but here it is. Negative feedback for Predino (Gorgonopsid on the other forum).
We agreed to trade but she made it clear she would not mail out her package until she got mine first (first red flag). I sent hers out on March 7th I believe and she said she got it a couple days later. I asked her when she would send mine out and she said on Tuesday...of last week, nine days ago. I still have not gotten the package and since we live in the same state I see no reason why I wouldn't have except that it has not been sent. I have sent several messages asking about it with no reply.
Perhaps I'm being a bit hasty (I almost waited till Tuesday to post this) but I feel like I've been ripped off, even if I get the package this is no way to conduct a trade. If I do however receive the package I will remove this post.

I'm guessing that since you didn't remove the feedback the negative still stands.

Gwangi

I did receive that package and I think I said so in the thread but I ultimately did not remove that negative as others urged me not to and their logic for letting it stand made sense.

EDIT: I went back and looked. I did indeed change her rating to a positive on April 4th. That said, between that experience and this ordeal with Libra, I wouldn't trade with her again under similar circumstances.

UK

Quote from: Gwangi on July 15, 2014, 05:18:43 PM

I was speculating based on some of the posts I have seen over recent periods.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.