News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re: Star Trek Thread

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, July 30, 2014, 04:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's okay Spock you'll understand eventually. lol ( sorry watching Star Trek )

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 30, 2014, 04:31:11 AM
It's okay Spock you'll understand eventually. lol ( sorry watching Star Trek )
But Spock does have emotions. He just suppresses them, as do all Vulcans >:D

Paleogene Pals

And one day you will discover the necessity of logic. No wonder why us Vulcans have a difficult time with humans. Have a good day, Leonard McCoy!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on July 30, 2014, 01:46:36 PM
And one day you will discover the necessity of logic. No wonder why us Vulcans have a difficult time with humans. Have a good day, Leonard McCoy!

lol  ;D

Paleogene Pals

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on July 31, 2014, 02:44:06 AM
Glad you appreciated it.  ;D

Of course I did..I have a sense of humor..unlike the proud people of Vulcan. lol  ;D

Paleogene Pals

Vulcans actually have the driest sense of humor known. You just can't tell when they are kidding or being serious. Or both!  >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on July 31, 2014, 04:30:54 AM
Vulcans actually have the driest sense of humor known. You just can't tell when they are kidding or being serious. Or both!  >:D

Dry eh ? That drought has been ongoing forever.. lol  ;) ;D

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 31, 2014, 05:39:08 AM
Quote from: Paleogene Pals on July 31, 2014, 04:30:54 AM

Dry eh ? That drought has been ongoing forever.. lol  ;) ;D
Well Vulcan is pretty much a desert. Or at least what little of it we do see.

Paleogene Pals

Vulcan was pretty much a desert. It, like Gallifrey, is gone now.  :'(

stargatedalek

well, that depends what universe you are in ;)

tyrantqueen

stargatedalek

Abrams should go make more Fringe instead of adding universes to other franchises

tyrantqueen

I've hung around on ST message boards and such, and I've seen many people complaining about the state of the series. Some people think that the series has had its run and nothing else fresh or new can be done with it anymore, and should just be left alone for good. What do you guys think?

Could this just be a case of embittered old fans complaining because Shatner and Nimoy aren't playing the main characters anymore? Or do they actually have a point? Has Paramount run the series into the ground?

One positive note: Star Trek Nemesis and Enterprise nearly killed off the series for good, but the Abrams films did bring the series back to its roots and actually got people talking about ST again. It also introduced a new audience of fans to ST who would not have otherwise paid it any attention before.

My opinion is that I will always prefer the original series to Abrams' creation but it's just not feasible to have the old actors come back again. Having Abrams' films is better than having no Star Trek at all. I do like the new interpretations and performances that his films have brought to the table.

A lot of fans have been calling for Shatner to return one last time as Kirk Prime in another Abrams flick. It's probably never gonna happen, but I would be happy to see it just so that Generations could be retconned out of existence  >:D >:D >:D

We need a Star Trek discussion thread >:D

stargatedalek

I agree its better than no new Star Trek, but it still just feels so strange watching it :P

we totally need an ST thread

Blade-of-the-Moon

tyrantqueen

I found it rather strange that the alternate time line that was presented in Abrams' Star Trek was allowed to exist. Wouldn't the Federation time ships have done something about it?

Anyway, here's funny I want to share. Warning for language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ2X8PHAI6Y

tyrantqueen

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/star-trek-3-title-michael-bay-benghazi-movie-release-date-1201531685/

Any thoughts? I wonder who Idris Elba is playing.

*Still sad about Leonard Nimoy passing* :(

Shadowknight1

I like the title, I like that Simon Pegg is helping write, but I'm not sure about the director.  I wish Abrams or someone with more...credibility was in the director's chair.  I have a feeling that this guy is more likely to cave to the studios wanting something more "Star Warsy" or "Guardians of the Galaxyish".
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

stargatedalek

In general I like Abrams work, but I really feel that his style just wasn't suited for Star Trek. Fringe is thoroughly cemented as my favorite tv program of all time, so I really don't want to admit it but he definitely wasn't a great choice for Star Trek.

Fringe... the Nimoy feels grow stronger...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: