News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Living Stones Toy House (Knock off dinosaurs)

Started by Takama, August 04, 2014, 03:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hynerpeton

How much is a real one compared to knock offs?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

SBell

Quote from: predino on October 02, 2014, 01:07:25 AM
How much is a real one compared to knock offs?

They appear to be close to the same price as the originals. In other words, there is no reason to buy them.

Hynerpeton

Well i won one on ebay for $4.00. Was nervous near the end of the bidding. Lol i got the one i wanted the bird one. Forget the name. Lol i am not worried if its a knock off. Got plenty of chinasaurs. :) they are special to me. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Alexxitator

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

MaastrichtianGuy

well i have an idea how to stop the company from knocking copying and pirating off the toys made by geoworld safari and schleich :)

Alexxitator

Quote from: MaastrichtianGuy on October 08, 2014, 08:53:47 PM
well i have an idea how to stop the company from knocking copying and pirating off the toys made by geoworld safari and schleich :)

Do tell
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

tyrantqueen

If you're interested in the subject of bootlegging, you might want to check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV_bDXgeg7Q

It's not necessarily concerning dinosaur toys, but the counterfeiting industry as a whole. The fake eggs thing is just insane :-\

Hynerpeton

Quote from: MaastrichtianGuy on October 08, 2014, 08:53:47 PM

Make a thread about it. ;p
Walking With Monsers:

deanm

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 08, 2014, 10:14:09 PM
If you're interested in the subject of bootlegging, you might want to check this out:
It's not necessarily concerning dinosaur toys, but the counterfeiting industry as a whole. The fake eggs thing is just insane :-\

An interesting and informative video.

Like yourself - I am creeped out by the fake egg thing (though I suppose you could call it "molecular gastronomy" though I don't know if toxic & undigestible materials = food...).

DinoToyForum

Really interesting (and worrying!) documentary. Probably worth sharing in the general knock-offs thread too.

DinoLord

I always see these on YAJ. I don't think they're selling though...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.