News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Monochrome Thread

Started by Libraraptor, April 08, 2012, 09:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I wouldn't mind finding the ROM hadrosaurs.. ;D

postsaurischian

:D Wow, cool! Nice pics everybody!
This thread was way overdue. Good idea, Stefan :).

Some more Monochromies by Primaeval Designs .......

Libraraptor

Someday I will hunt down that green Stegosaurus and all the clear Invictas out there! Nice pictures everyone thanks for the contributions!!! I´ll add some moochrome pics of mine as soon as I´ll have faster Internet again!

Tyrannosaurid lover

LOL
I used to have the ajax ones in a big lot
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

CityRaptor

I have some monhrome eraser dinosaurs ( and a Dimetrodon ) based on moulds by Bullyland.  Also a monochrome Jurassic Park Brachiosaurus toy, should I post pics?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

deanm

I love seeing everyone's monochromes!! Make me happy to know that I am not the only one fascinated by them also. My Invicta, Basel, Marx, Linde and ROM collections are complete - now after the others...

Dan

Is there any significance to the four white Invictas? They seem particularly crisp.

SBell

Quote from: Dan on April 10, 2012, 02:38:28 AM
Is there any significance to the four white Invictas? They seem particularly crisp.

I think those are paint-your-own figures. Coupled with the Favorite, K&M and other similar sets, it's like a whole subset of monochrome figures!

Seijun

The white invictas were paint-your-owns.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Seijun on April 10, 2012, 04:09:10 AM
The white invictas were paint-your-owns.

Are they made of the same material as the unpainted series or is it the softer rubber material as with the painted ones?

Seijun

They are made of soft rubber.

CityRaptor

Okay, here are my Erasers:

They were made by Pelikan and based on molds by Bullyland. So obviously the result of those two working together.

And here is my JP Brachiosaurus. Came in a plastic egg with candy.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

deanm

Maybe Sbell or a few of the other member have more info on the ROM figures. I have been told that they were cast in both gray and brown - though I have never seen a brown one.

Despite my enquiries at the ROM, I have found out nothing about the figures (timeline, who designed them, why those particular "dinosaurs" were chosen, scientific expert, etc)

I know that they have been recast & sold by a number of others (chinasaurs). Mods feel free to through this to a separate topic if you wish too. I put it in this one as they are monochromes.

Tyrannosaurid lover

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 10, 2012, 07:33:30 PM
Okay, here are my Erasers:

They were made by Pelikan and based on molds by Bullyland. So obviously the result of those two working together.

And here is my JP Brachiosaurus. Came in a plastic egg with candy.

That green T.rex is in Plasticosauria blog, originaly was black and red
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Horridus

I remember the JP egg toys. Used to have a complete set...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

stoneage

Quote from: deanm on April 11, 2012, 02:03:51 AM
Maybe Sbell or a few of the other member have more info on the ROM figures. I have been told that they were cast in both gray and brown - though I have never seen a brown one.

Despite my enquiries at the ROM, I have found out nothing about the figures (timeline, who designed them, why those particular "dinosaurs" were chosen, scientific expert, etc)

I know that they have been recast & sold by a number of others (chinasaurs). Mods feel free to through this to a separate topic if you wish too. I put it in this one as they are monochromes.

The original figures were gray and came out in 1977.  There also were many multi-colored re-issues.

SBell

Quote from: stoneage on April 12, 2012, 01:01:42 AM
Quote from: deanm on April 11, 2012, 02:03:51 AM

The original figures were gray and came out in 1977.  There also were many multi-colored re-issues.

That's about as much as I would know--I remember seeing them for sale at the Calgary Zoo in about 1980-1982, but was never allowed to get one. :(

Seijun

I have also read that they were released in tan, but Ive never seen pics of a tan one. Half my set is grey and half is a slightly browner grey, but none are tan.

SBell

I finally got around to posting these monochrome figures.

In back, a Merychippus and Archaeotherium.

In front, Mesohippus, Holplophoneus and Leptomeryx.

They need a bit of cleaning up, but are pretty cool.

[attachment msg=6306][/attachment]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: