You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Target does ship merchandise to Canada, but the shipping costs are outrageous. I may indeed resort to having someone send me the bloody toys.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ElTiante

Is it old news that there are now Terra T-Rexes that don't fall on their faces?

I bought one when they first came out and it had no chance of standing on its own and I returned it.

Today I saw 2 on the end cap and I saw that one's head was clearly higher
than the other one.  I bought it and it stands great.

Again, sorry if this was already common knowledge.

JurassicGeek09

I don't suppose I could ask you to buy one for me and ship to Canada? Obviously I'll reimburse you.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

Halichoeres

Quote from: ElTiante on January 22, 2016, 03:00:35 AM

I bought one when they first came out and it had no chance of standing on its own and I returned it.

That's news to me! Dan said he thought that the initial release was old stock that was just having a coat of paint slapped on it, but that new pieces off the molds would be a harder plastic and probably stand better. Did you notice a difference in the firmness of the plastic?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Simon

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 22, 2016, 03:13:25 PM
Quote from: ElTiante on January 22, 2016, 03:00:35 AM

That's news to me! Dan said he thought that the initial release was old stock that was just having a coat of paint slapped on it, but that new pieces off the molds would be a harder plastic and probably stand better. Did you notice a difference in the firmness of the plastic?

I don't think the early releases were "old stock" because I don't think Battat would have kept them around for 15 years.  In fact, a couple of years ago a fellow was selling mint in the bag first editions of the Battats on ebay for a good while that he stated he had got from a warehouse of Battats after they discontinued them.

The first generation of TRexes were made of a much harder plastic and had no trouble standing.  The new Battats are clearly made of a softer material, probably for safety reasons - don't complain folks, if they weren't "bendy" at the sharp points they would have had to dull the claws/teeth which ruins a sculpt.

As far as getting one that is tilted up so it stands better, that's simply a figure that got bent up slightly either during the cooling process when it came out of the mould, or it was strapped that way in the box by the little wires, altering its shape.  Its what I would call a deviation from the norm, but clearly within the "range". 

ElTiante

How do I post a photo?

It wasn't tilted in the box, it just stood better/head higher.

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: ElTiante on January 22, 2016, 05:16:17 PM
How do I post a photo?

It wasn't tilted in the box, it just stood better/head higher.

Upload the image to Photobucket or some other image sharing site then post it here via the Insert Image button you see when typing a reply.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

ElTiante

http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/ElTiante/media/Terra%20Rex_zpssxb6wlkf.jpg.html

There ya go.

Once I busted it out and found out it could stand, I hair dryered the tail to get it off the ground.

joossa

Quote from: ElTiante on January 22, 2016, 07:57:03 PM
http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/ElTiante/media/Terra%20Rex_zpssxb6wlkf.jpg.html

There ya go.

Once I busted it out and found out it could stand, I hair dryered the tail to get it off the ground.
Interesting. Are the feet flexible and rubbery or more on the stiffer side?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

ElTiante

The feet and legs are quite stiff on this one.  Very little flexibility.  A definite change from the one I bought a few months ago.

amargasaurus cazaui

Not sure where everyone involved here lives..but given the the timeline...is it at all possible the one you purchased previously was in warm weather time and had been heated somewhat more than the model you are acquiring now in the dead of winter? Noticed with many of mine they are more flexible in warmer months and fairly rigid during colder periods...just a thought
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Halichoeres

Quote from: ElTiante on January 23, 2016, 04:14:17 PM
The feet and legs are quite stiff on this one.  Very little flexibility.  A definite change from the one I bought a few months ago.

Well that's very interesting! Good to know, thanks!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stoneage

Quote from: joossa on January 10, 2016, 06:00:18 PM
My Target has the newest bunch in. Didn't pick up any of them since I'm still not liking the paint apps.

Is the Parasaurolophus really available?  I haven't seen that one at Target.

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: suspsy on January 17, 2016, 08:13:54 PM
Target does ship merchandise to Canada, but the shipping costs are outrageous. I may indeed resort to having someone send me the bloody toys.

I'll be heading down to the States later this year. If I pass by Target, I'll grab some for ya ;)

suspsy

Cool. I will do the same for you---it's just that I have no idea if or when I'll be making a road trip.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: stoneage on January 25, 2016, 08:06:19 PM
My Target has the newest bunch in. Didn't pick up any of them since I'm still not liking the paint apps.

Yep, it is. I just got one yesterday. It might depend on where you live maybe?
I am the Dinosaur King!

joossa

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 26, 2016, 12:53:42 AM

And they only had one of each of the new repaints in stock too. Get them if you see them!
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: joossa on January 26, 2016, 05:00:50 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 26, 2016, 12:53:42 AM

And they only had one of each of the new repaints in stock too. Get them if you see them!

I got the Euoplocephalus and Parasaurolophus, they had a Stegosaurus too but I honestly will pass on that one. Now if it had been resculpted, then I would've gotten it.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 23, 2016, 07:08:38 PM
Not sure where everyone involved here lives..but given the the timeline...is it at all possible the one you purchased previously was in warm weather time and had been heated somewhat more than the model you are acquiring now in the dead of winter? Noticed with many of mine they are more flexible in warmer months and fairly rigid during colder periods...just a thought

That happened to me when I got my Cryo; I was dismayed upon opening the box to find it's soft legs utterly unable to support it, until I realized it had been sitting with me in the sweltering car on my ride home. I gave it an hour in the freezer with its legs properly braced, and kept it away from warm areas, and it's been fine ever since.

JurassicGeek09

The newest figures aren't on the Target website. I only see Dacentrurus, Nanshiugosaurus, and Pachyrhinosaurus :-\

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: