You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: JurassicGeek09 on January 26, 2016, 10:51:17 PM
The newest figures aren't on the Target website. I only see Dacentrurus, Nanshiugosaurus, and Pachyrhinosaurus :-\

The Target website has proven essentially useless in tracking these figures. The serial numbers don't seem to be very helpful either.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on January 27, 2016, 03:11:38 AM
The newest figures aren't on the Target website. I only see Dacentrurus, Nanshiugosaurus, and Pachyrhinosaurus :-\

The Target website has proven essentially useless in tracking these figures. The serial numbers don't seem to be very helpful either.
Yeah, the web site has actually lost a figure--it no longer has Cryolophosaurus, and at least for the US it says that Nanshiungosaurus is "in stores only." But I haven't seen one in stores for months.

And there are only three serial numbers that they actually use in-store, which are shared among all the figures of a particular size class. I asked employees, using the serial number, to check the back once or twice when the first repaints were new. I gave up on that approach because it always just meant that I was sending somebody on a wild goose chase, wasting their time and mine.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

FlawedCoil82

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 27, 2016, 07:02:05 PM
Yeah, the web site has actually lost a figure--it no longer has Cryolophosaurus, and at least for the US it says that Nanshiungosaurus is "in stores only." But I haven't seen one in stores for months.

And there are only three serial numbers that they actually use in-store, which are shared among all the figures of a particular size class. I asked employees, using the serial number, to check the back once or twice when the first repaints were new. I gave up on that approach because it always just meant that I was sending somebody on a wild goose chase, wasting their time and mine.

Same here. Nanshiungosaurus was the only one I could never find in stores (after I decided to start collecting them of course...before that I saw him at all the stores). So I had to order him off Target's website. I believe that was in July of last year. And he is still the only one I have not seen in stores since.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: FlawedCoil82 on January 27, 2016, 08:12:06 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on January 27, 2016, 07:02:05 PM

Same here. Nanshiungosaurus was the only one I could never find in stores (after I decided to start collecting them of course...before that I saw him at all the stores). So I had to order him off Target's website. I believe that was in July of last year. And he is still the only one I have not seen in stores since.

They did have the Nanshiungosaurus on the website last month. I took advantage of the opportunity and ordered it. Got free shipping too... totally worth it.

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on January 27, 2016, 03:11:38 AM

Lovely. So my best bet is to see who buys it and when on the forum. Ebay isn't much help either.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

stoneage

I have the first two waves of the new Battats.  What is in the third wave and have they all been released?  Can anyone tell me where I can get the Parasaurolophus?

amargasaurus cazaui

Third wave appears to be parasaurolophus, europlocephalus, and stegosaurus.....as for how to get them, they are sold at Target stores exclusively.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: stoneage on February 10, 2016, 10:00:02 PM
I have the first two waves of the new Battats.  What is in the third wave and have they all been released?  Can anyone tell me where I can get the Parasaurolophus?
The third wave consists of the Parasaurolophus, Stegosaurus, and euoplocephalus, all three of which are available in Target stores.

EDIT: Nevermind, Amargasaurus cazaui beat me to it; my typing is slow and internet laggy atm.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Simon

That is the "64 Dollar Question" right now.  I hope that they will release the rest of the original line, the paint jobs are far, far better than the originals.  And also the 4 new sculpts that Dan completed but that got delayed when Battat decided to re-introduce the old line.

The Terra Universe website still only shows the 12 dinosaurs that have been released so far - 4 new ones and 8 repaints of the originals:

http://www.terrauniverse.com/dinosaurs

Rogue1stClass

Before Dan passed, he said that Gigantoraptor and Gastonia would be available in early 2016, so my guess is that they will up next, whether by themselves, with the remaining Terra originals, or more repaints, though, I have no idea.

Victoria's Cantina

Still haven't found the new guys at my local Targets in San Diego. They have plenty of the last two waves though.

suspsy

Quote from: Simon on February 11, 2016, 03:59:55 AM
That is the "64 Dollar Question" right now.  I hope that they will release the rest of the original line, the paint jobs are far, far better than the originals.  And also the 4 new sculpts that Dan completed but that got delayed when Battat decided to re-introduce the old line.

The Terra Universe website still only shows the 12 dinosaurs that have been released so far - 4 new ones and 8 repaints of the originals:

It's five new sculpts, isn't it? Europasaurus, Gastonia, Gigantoraptor, Nasutoceratops, and Pentaceratops.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: Simon on February 11, 2016, 03:59:55 AM

They will be. Dan personally told me that all of them will be re-released.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

Sim

Dan LoRusso said they would all be re-released on this forum too.

Shuvuuia

Does anyone have any idea if the Utahraptor or Gallimimus will be reissued? They don't have repaint images on the first page of this thread, seemingly because they were going to be retooled.

FlawedCoil82

Quote from: Sim on February 11, 2016, 05:54:21 PM
Dan LoRusso said they would all be re-released on this forum too.

But could that possibly change everything now due to his unexpected passing or would that not affect the rest of the line coming out? Honest question. I was never really concerned about wave 3 since they had already been shown on their website. But beyond that, I am not so sure. I would have thought they would be previewing wave 4 by now since they were already previewing wave 3 when wave 2 was released.

Sim

When wave 1 was released nothing was previewed, it seems the Battat Terra website didn't even exist.  The website was discovered as wave 2 was coming out, and it had the figures from waves 1, 2 and 3.  I don't think there's been a pattern yet...  Maybe they just put images of all the figures that were ready at that point in time, and won't put any more on the website until they are released?  From what I've seen on this forum, it seems wave 3 is still only starting to show up and many forum members haven't found the figures from wave 3 yet.  I'm not expecting wave 4 to appear on the Terra website or in stores until July at the earliest.  They could appear earlier of course, but I'm not expecting it due to the previous three waves apparently starting to appear in the following months:
Wave 1: August 2014
Wave 2: July 2015
Wave 3: December 2015

If anyone interested in the future of the Battat dinosaur line hasn't read it already, I'd recommend reading this thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3857.0  My thoughts about the future of the line are in that thread.

Quote from: Shuvuuia on February 11, 2016, 07:17:20 PM
Does anyone have any idea if the Utahraptor or Gallimimus will be reissued? They don't have repaint images on the first page of this thread, seemingly because they were going to be retooled.

When Dan was repainting the dinosaurs from the original series, he was waiting to hear from Battat whether to re-tool the Utahraptor and Gallimimus to bring them up-to-date.  Some time after he finished repainting the other 16 dinosaurs and images of them were put on the first page of this thread, Battat got back to him and said they didn't want any of the original figures re-tooled yet.  Dan specified that included the Utahraptor and Gallimimus.  Dan has also said all 18 dinosaurs from the original series will be re-issued at some point, and that Battat cared about them all having new colour schemes.  I don't know if Dan managed to repaint the Gallimimus and Utahraptor though.

FlawedCoil82

Thanks for that link Sim. I do hope you (and the others) are correct. I really like the idea someone mentioned of the Terra line rebranding the boxes as "The Dan LoRusso Legacy Collection".

I will say that the Terra endcap at the nearest Target looks overstocked. I went 2 weeks ago and they got even more Tyrannosaurus and Acrocanthasaurus in stock! It is like since I started buying them, other Target stores are sending them their stock they couldnt sell. There were about 8 TRexes, 10 Acros and 2-4 of the rest of the smaller wave 2 figures, plus 5 Pachys and 1 each of Dacentrurus and Cryolophosaurus. Nan was the only one M.I.A. It will take a long time for those to sell before they will stock wave 3. :(

docronnie

So wave 3 is hard to find at Target stores at the moment ...  :(
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: