You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

Quote from: suspsy on June 17, 2016, 05:59:42 AM
Very cool photos. Makes me wish I'd taken more photos of the CollectA Mini T. rex while I was in St. Lucia in February.

Here's a little fantasy question for everyone: if you could choose FOUR out of the remaining unreleased toys to be released in the next wave (God willing!), what would they be? Me, I'd go with the Gigantoraptor, the Ouranosaurus, the Pentaceratops, and the Triceratops.

That a difficult question. :-\
But I guess I have to go with Triceratops, Edmontonia, Gigantoraptor and one of the remaining ornithopods.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: empire3569 on June 17, 2016, 02:13:15 PM
Quote from: suspsy link=topic=2529.msg139789#msg139789 5date=1466139582
Very cool photos. Makes me wish I'd taken more photos of the CollectA Mini T. rex while I was in St. Lucia in February.

Here's a little fantasy question for everyone: if you could choose FOUR out of the remaining unreleased toys to be released in the next wave (God willing!), what would they be? Me, I'd go with the Gigantoraptor, the Ouranosaurus, the Pentaceratops, and the Triceratops.

I just really want the diplodocus, so that would probably take up all four spots for me lol
I agree! Though I wouldn't mind seeing the new sculpts as well.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Takama

Given that ALL of the MOS models were avaible at one time. i would choose models that were Brand new.

First would be the Gastonia and Gigantoraptor. Then the Europasaurus and Nasutoceratops.   

suspsy

Given that many fans either didn't know of or didn't have the chance to buy the original toys way back in the day, the repaints might as well be brand spanking new to them. I had never heard of the line until I started frequenting the DTB.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

If the Terra line ended today you could go on eBay and buy any of the older models released by the BMOS. You might have to empty your wallet but they're at least available. The same cannot be said for Doug's new sculpts. If they don't get released, they're lost forever. So no, the re-paints are just that, re-paints. Whether people were aware of them or not.  ;)

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Dobber on June 17, 2016, 11:16:54 AM
Beautiful Pictures Victoria. Though, if the pilot told yo all that was Pearl Harbor he was mistaken. That is not Pearl.

Chris

It absolutely is Pearl Harbor. You have to look to the right of the photo to see where the three bays connect.

Sim

Very nice photos, Victoria B!

Here's a little fantasy question for everyone: if you could choose FOUR out of the remaining unreleased toys to be released in the next wave (God willing!), what would they be?

Edmontonia, Dilophosaurus and Styracosaurus are the three I'd most like to be released next.  For number four, there isn't one I'd like more than others.  It seems it would be good for Battat to start releasing their remaining ceratopsians, as there is only 1 ceratopsian currently in the Battat Terra line, while there are 4 that are currently unreleased.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on June 18, 2016, 04:21:59 AM
If the Terra line ended today you could go on eBay and buy any of the older models released by the BMOS. You might have to empty your wallet but they're at least available. The same cannot be said for Doug's new sculpts. If they don't get released, they're lost forever. So no, the re-paints are just that, re-paints. Whether people were aware of them or not.  ;)
Trying to make sense of that Gwangi, I think you accidentally said Doug instead of Dan...
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Sim

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 18, 2016, 04:38:45 PM
Trying to make sense of that Gwangi, I think you accidentally said Doug instead of Dan...

I think Gwangi accidentally swapped around their names in that post and his previous one:
Quote from: Gwangi on June 17, 2016, 02:34:39 PM
How many new unreleased models are there? Gigantoraptor, Pentaceratops, Gastonia, Europasaurus, and Nasutoceratops are the only ones I can recall. Since we have a great Nasutoceratops from Dan I would pick the other four unreleased models. There is always the chance to buy the original models on eBay but if the new models don't get released there are no older versions to fall back on, and we won't get them at all.

Paleona

Quote from: suspsy on June 18, 2016, 03:29:48 AM
Given that many fans either didn't know of or didn't have the chance to buy the original toys way back in the day, the repaints might as well be brand spanking new to them. I had never heard of the line until I started frequenting the DTB.

Definitely this. I had never heard of the line, either, before I found the blog. Also, I generally prefer the new paint schemes vs the old ones for the previously released models... I'd rather not pay $30+ for the originals, too. O:-)

In any case, hopefully we'll see more released soon!

terrorchicken

QuoteGigantoraptor, Pentaceratops, Gastonia, Europasaurus, and Nasutoceratops are the only ones I can recall. Since we have a great Nasutoceratops from Dan I would pick the other four unreleased models.

This. I already have all the Battat originals(minus diplodocus) and Dan's Safari Nasuto.

Dobber

Quote from: Victoria B on June 18, 2016, 07:39:40 AM
Quote from: Dobber on June 17, 2016, 11:16:54 AM
Beautiful Pictures Victoria. Though, if the pilot told yo all that was Pearl Harbor he was mistaken. That is not Pearl.

Chris

It absolutely is Pearl Harbor. You have to look to the right of the photo to see where the three bays connect.

Ok I see it now, I was looking at the focal point of the picture not off to the side.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

suspsy

Quote from: Paleona on June 18, 2016, 05:43:25 PM

Definitely this. I had never heard of the line, either, before I found the blog. Also, I generally prefer the new paint schemes vs the old ones for the previously released models... I'd rather not pay $30+ for the originals, too. O:-)

Yeah, the new colour schemes are vastly superior to the old ones. Especially the Triceratops, the Maiasaura, and the Ouranosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 18, 2016, 04:38:45 PM

Haha, thanks for the correction. Yes, I got their names mixed up. It's not the first time it has happened.

terrorchicken

Quote from: suspsy on June 18, 2016, 09:31:28 PM
Quote from: Paleona on June 18, 2016, 05:43:25 PM

Yeah, the new colour schemes are vastly superior to the old ones. Especially the Triceratops, the Maiasaura, and the Ouranosaurus.

I actually love the deep red of the old tric and the blue/yellow of the t-rex(based on some paleoart whose artist name escapes me.) I agree that the carnotaurus, ceratosaurus, & edmontonia have better repaint colors.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: terrorchicken on June 19, 2016, 07:09:30 PM

I actually love the deep red of the old tric and the blue/yellow of the t-rex(based on some paleoart whose artist name escapes me.)
The name you're looking for should be Brian Franczak.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Sim

The colour scheme of the Battat MOS Tyrannosaurus is inspired by the work of Brian Franczak, who used to be part of the Dinosaur Studio along with Dan LoRusso and Greg Wenzel: https://www.facebook.com/TheDinosaurStudio/photos/a.183699035114438.1073741838.166381366846205/440635316087474/?type=3&theater

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Gwangi on June 17, 2016, 02:34:39 PM

How many new unreleased models are there? Gigantoraptor, Pentaceratops, Gastonia, Europasaurus, and Nasutoceratops are the only ones I can recall. Since we have a great Nasutoceratops from Dan I would pick the other four unreleased models. There is always the chance to buy the original models on eBay but if the new models don't get released there are no older versions to fall back on, and we won't get them at all.

I agree Gwangi's point, though if I had to pick the one's I'm most excited about, I'd go with Styracosaurus, Ouranosaurus, Europasaurus, and either Gastonia or Edmontonia (I'd be equally happy with either nodosaur).

Flaffy

For me, I'll go with Ouranosaurus (love the sculpt), Europasaurus (New species), Diplodocus (old classic) and styractosaurus (love the colours).

terrorchicken

Quote from: Sim on June 19, 2016, 09:52:02 PM
The colour scheme of the Battat MOS Tyrannosaurus is inspired by the work of Brian Franczak, who used to be part of the Dinosaur Studio along with Dan LoRusso and Greg Wenzel: https://www.facebook.com/TheDinosaurStudio/photos/a.183699035114438.1073741838.166381366846205/440635316087474/?type=3&theater
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on June 19, 2016, 09:14:00 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on June 19, 2016, 07:09:30 PM

I actually love the deep red of the old tric and the blue/yellow of the t-rex(based on some paleoart whose artist name escapes me.)
The name you're looking for should be Brian Franczak.

thanks, that's the name. I remember his art from a small dinosaur identification pocketbook I bought when the first Jurassic Park film came out. It  featured his art as well as those of some others. One of my first exposure to "modern" paleoart.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: