You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

AACK!!! Did they really have to kick us while we were down by releasing these versions of the Dilophosaurus and Utahraptor instead of ever getting around to re-releasing the originals???

In all honesty though, I'm only disappointed in these because they're not they figures I was hoping for. Taken on their own, I don't think they're that bad. It's an interesting direction to take the line, and far better than the buckets of chinasaurs it looked like they were going to focus on instead. I would actually be completely in favor of these articulated ones if it didn't seem like we were going to get them to the exclusion of the classic models.

Quote from: sauroid on February 27, 2018, 06:17:33 AM
have you all seen these? instead of heeding all of our requests to release the remainders of Dan's creations, they made these JW rip-offs...

Incidentally, I think we should make a seperate thread for discussion of these new articulated figures.

Sim

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on March 01, 2018, 02:01:41 PM
Incidentally, I think we should make a seperate thread for discussion of these new articulated figures.

Another thread for them exists, Patrx linked to it in Reply #1695:
Quote from: Patrx on February 27, 2018, 04:51:36 PM
The er, "new" Battat dinosaurs have their own thread now: Battat 2018

Quote from: Sim on March 01, 2018, 02:41:53 PM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus on March 01, 2018, 02:01:41 PM

Another thread for them exists, Patrx linked to it in Reply #1695:
Quote from: Patrx on February 27, 2018, 04:51:36 PM
The er, "new" Battat dinosaurs have their own thread now: Battat 2018

Ah, i see. Cool, thanks.

Flaffy

Tried contacting Battat again regarding the unreleased sculpts, and I got this:

"Thank you for your email.  We always appreciate when our customers take the time to write us and give us their feedback and use this information to help us improve our products and service.

We have forwarded your suggestion to our production team for future consideration.

Thank you again for your comments."

This proves they don't care anymore.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on March 02, 2018, 12:22:22 PM

"Thank you for your email.  We always appreciate when our customers take the time to write us and give us their feedback and use this information to help us improve our products and service.

We have forwarded your suggestion to our production team for future consideration.

My best opinion, do not ask the Battat company any more if they have already received messages to spare, they know the preferences of the collectors.

I understand that abandon the insistence to the company Battat because it is counterproductive. We will only provoke your anger and do everything contrary to what we indicate. From my humble opinion one should be patient and in some way prudent.

Jose S.M.

I mostly agree with Shonisaurus, also that response seems so "automatic", different than when I have interacted with Safari via Facebook.

Sim

Quote from: Flaffy on March 02, 2018, 12:22:22 PM

Reading Battat's respose doesn't make me think they don't care.  It actually seems like quite a positive response, as they said, "We have forwarded your suggestion to our production team for future consideration."  I don't remember them saying that in previous responses people have posted here.

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 02, 2018, 03:43:04 PM
I mostly agree with Shonisaurus, also that response seems so "automatic", different than when I have interacted with Safari via Facebook.

I wonder if that might be because you got a response on Facebook rather than in an email?

terrorchicken

they are already coming out in some stores. I saw the t-rex set and the utahraptor yesterday. They are larger than the original figures. Definitely for the kids. ::)

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Sim on March 02, 2018, 05:10:45 PM

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 02, 2018, 03:43:04 PM

I wonder if that might be because you got a response on Facebook rather than in an email?

Maybe, but I have gotten automatic responses on Facebook too from different services like stores,  mail services, restaurants  and government institutions so there's the automatic option on there too.

Dino Scream3232

Just seen the new terra figures at Target. What a load of junk. Cheap stiff plastic. Figures are a lot bigger than I expected. They take up a ton of shelf space. It's a shame that this line has come to this.

yankeetrex

might be interested in the carno, but that's it, saw these in person the other day and 3 out of 4 of the utah raptors didnt work.

ItsTwentyBelow

These things make me feel so much worse than if Battat had simply dropped their dinosaurs.

Such a huge swing and a miss. I hope these figures end soon. Maybe they will after it becomes obvious that Mattel's JP Toys are dominating the articulated dino figure market at Target stores.

Lanthanotus

Well, I rather wish them some success with those figures selling to the focus group, so in the end they might consider that dinosaurs may still sell well and deceide to revive the rest of the line which we are still missing. I am not a completist, but the Battat Ouranosaurus and Maiasaurus after all those years are still the best out there (not counting the tiny PNSO Ouranosaurus here) but they are incredibly hard to find .... :/ (and I wouldn't mind that Diplo in my sauropod collection aswell).

ItsTwentyBelow

I dunno. Someone above is reporting that 75% of these figures didn't even work on the shelf... does Battat really seem to care enough about their target audience? Feels to me like they're just rushing something out to try and meet Jurassic World head-on.

Simon

They didn't work because you need to pull out the tab that's sticking out of the belly area to activate the batteries ... I had the same question when I looked them over, then I noticed the tabs ...

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 14, 2018, 09:34:08 PM
Well, I rather wish them some success with those figures selling to the focus group, so in the end they might consider that dinosaurs may still sell well and deceide to revive the rest of the line which we are still missing. I am not a completist, but the Battat Ouranosaurus and Maiasaurus after all those years are still the best out there (not counting the tiny PNSO Ouranosaurus here) but they are incredibly hard to find .... :/ (and I wouldn't mind that Diplo in my sauropod collection aswell).

Yes, I agree with you 100% :)

Shonisaurus

I would have sincerely wished that they had traded the original utahraptor and dilophosaurus of Battat by Dan LoRusso instead of those articulated figures.

It is a pity that for now do not reissue as they commented in their day the original Battat figures apart from the novelties projected by the sadly missing Dan as the nasutoceratops or gigantoraptor. It is a pity.  :(

Minmiminime

Oh, no...it's just a rumour, and apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere, but it looks like the Amargasaurus is being retired :'(
https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2018/04/27/everything-dinosaurs-may-newsletter-2018.html
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: