News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 06, 2015, 02:15:21 PM
was in Target yesterday and almost went to check, then said, "nahhhh."
I was at Target two days ago (PA) and didn't see anything new, so you might not have missed anything.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Gwangi

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on July 06, 2015, 08:53:04 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on July 06, 2015, 02:15:21 PM
was in Target yesterday and almost went to check, then said, "nahhhh."
I was at Target two days ago (PA) and didn't see anything new, so you might not have missed anything.

I was at Target last week and checked, nothing new. That doesn't mean anything though, you could go one day and they be put out the next.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Roselaar on July 06, 2015, 12:56:52 PM
A JPtoys member says he has found the newly repainted Ceratosaurus and Carnotaurus at Target today. Check your stores everybody! :)

Source?

DinoLord

Sim

Quote from: DinoLord on July 06, 2015, 09:54:39 PM
Here's the thread where this is brought up.
When I click on that link it brings up a page that says, "Oops, there was an error!  You do not have permission to access this thread."  I'm guessing you need to be a logged in member of that forum to see the thread.

DinoLord

Ah, that's probably the case. I'm probably not at liberty to share the user's photos without permission, but they depict a Carnotaurus they bought that has the same color scheme as the prototype in the OP.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I picked up the Carnotaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Amargasaurus today at Target..looks like they had 1 of each? The older figures were on sale for 5.99 but these were 7.99. 

I'll get some pics tonight for you guys..the paint looks pretty good to me, mold work made a pretty nice figure too.

ItsTwentyBelow

Dang! Three great figures, but all of which I already have from the '90s, and I'm not into repaints! I do think I will pick up the Ceratosaurus when I see it though, because the new paint app looks wicked and is probably much cleaner than the sloppy job on my old Cerato...

I'm happy all the newer collectors are able to add these beauties to their collections now. But come on Battat, where are the brilliant brand new Gastonia and Pentaceratops that Dan sculpted, among the others?? Here's hoping that they released 4 new figures again this wave, and that the 4th is either a repaint of a figure I do not have from the '90s, or a brand new release!  :D

Gotta love these figures!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

EEK! I'm so excited! I'm running over first thing tomorrow! If Carnotaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Amargasaurus are all confirmed, then in keeping with the general pattern, I'm guessing there's already a fourth out there that simply hasn't been spotted yet.

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on July 07, 2015, 01:32:26 AM
Dang! Three great figures, but all of which I already have from the '90s, and I'm not into repaints! I do think I will pick up the Ceratosaurus when I see it though, because the new paint app looks wicked and is probably much cleaner than the sloppy job on my old Cerato...

I'm happy all the newer collectors are able to add these beauties to their collections now. But come on Battat, where are the brilliant brand new Gastonia and Pentaceratops that Dan sculpted, among the others?? Here's hoping that they released 4 new figures again this wave, and that the 4th is either a repaint of a figure I do not have from the '90s, or a brand new release!  :D

Gotta love these figures!

I don't have any of these three from the original line to compare to but the paint looks good and the detail is certainly there, might be hard to tell from the flash/paint apps in my pics but they are there.

If there was a fourth I didn't see it, I was surprised to find the Amarga honestly. Especially after noticing the whole JW section was pretty much gone. :/

Blade-of-the-Moon

amargasaurus cazaui

Are they as glossy looking in person as they pictures make them appear? I like the paint apps, but wish they dint look so shiny....is that just your flash?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

In regular household lighting the Carnotaurus doesn't seem have any gloss on my piece, the Ceratosaurus where it's red paint is looks a bit glossy. The Amarga is totally glossy except on the white underbelly.

EmperorDinobot

AAAH!!! AAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!! AH AH AH!!!!!

*continues hyperventilating* I have the old Amargasaurus but I don't have the other two!!! THEY WILL ALL BE MINE!!!

Oh wow I think I'm going to pass out.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Wow! I just have to check the other Target near me tomorrow. If I find one and nobody beats me to it I can do comparison pictures of the amargasaurus. I can't wait to see if anything else is to follow these three.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Here's how you can check availability, you can use the inventory checker here : http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker , just type in the upc of each one, the amarga is 062243290983, carno is 062243291317, cerato is 062243290907 .

If you go to the store take the code with you, if they aren't on the shelf yet an employee can check and maybe get them from storage for you.

Sim

Finally more Battat dinosaurs! :D  Thanks for the pictures Blade-of-the-Moon! :)  I'd be hurrying to a Target if... I wouldn't have to get on a plane to do so :(  I'm happy for you guys in the US though!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Very welcome! Hopefully we U.S. collectors can help our foreign friends get these too!

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 07, 2015, 04:37:15 AM
Here's how you can check availability, you can use the inventory checker here : http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker , just type in the upc of each one, the amarga is 062243290983, carno is 062243291317, cerato is 062243290907 .

If you go to the store take the code with you, if they aren't on the shelf yet an employee can check and maybe get them from storage for you.

I enterd all of those codes on that website and it says my local Target has non of them.  Strangely they all show a picture of the Dacentrurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: