News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Damn, those guys look snazzy. Thanks for the pics, Blade! The Target by my work didn't have them today, but I did notice that the first wave of Terras were marked down to 5.98. Considering that they only devote an endcap to the whole Terra line (including extant animals and mythological creatures), I wonder if they're going to only carry one or two waves at a time.

Quote from: Sim on July 07, 2015, 04:45:34 AM
Finally more Battat dinosaurs! :D  Thanks for the pictures Blade-of-the-Moon! :)  I'd be hurrying to a Target if... I wouldn't have to get on a plane to do so :(  I'm happy for you guys in the US though!

I'm sure plenty of people here would be willing to pick up extras and ship them to wherever-in-the-world, myself included. Anybody outside the US feel free to PM me if you want 'em.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on July 07, 2015, 04:57:14 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 07, 2015, 04:37:15 AM
Here's how you can check availability, you can use the inventory checker here : http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker , just type in the upc of each one, the amarga is 062243290983, carno is 062243291317, cerato is 062243290907 .

If you go to the store take the code with you, if they aren't on the shelf yet an employee can check and maybe get them from storage for you.

I enterd all of those codes on that website and it says my local Target has non of them.  Strangely they all show a picture of the Dacentrurus.

My guess is that's a fill in image. All the codes are different. I tried the Amarga and three more stores near me have it in stock.

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 07, 2015, 04:55:37 AM
Very welcome! Hopefully we U.S. collectors can help our foreign friends get these too!

You know Battat should really negotiate a distribution deal with a chain up here in Canada, it befuddles me to no end how UScentric a Canadian company like that can be! By the way get well soon Dan!

Blade-of-the-Moon

It might be a case of a renegotiation. If these are Target exclusive and Target did have stores in Canada at the time the deal was struck it makes sense.  Now they've closed Battat has an issue.

DinoLord

I checked my local Target last night but they didn't have any of the reissues. The endcap was still full of the original 4 Terra dinosaurs. I'll have to give the item numbers a try.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It certainly helped me when looking for the Jada JP vehicles. Granted I had to show the numbers to the employee in that area and they had to go in the back and get them..but still I got em'..lol  The store may have them, just haven't put them out yet.

terrorchicken

Quote from: Takama on July 06, 2015, 08:37:23 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on July 06, 2015, 06:29:18 PM
I have the original set except for the diplodocus. These were my favorite models for a long time, but anyone know why the heck they gave the stego 8 tail spikes?  ???
I have the newer cryolopho and dacentrurus but I dont now if Ill get the therizino and I prefer the safari pachy.

At the time the model was first made, the species of Stegosaurus that it was based on was thought to have had 8 spikes. Now a days, it is no longer accepted, so the model is a relic of a time when Scientists thought differently.

oh now I think I remember seeing a scientific drawing of a stego like that, in an old dino book I have. So I guess if they rerelease the figure for the Terra line theyll remove the extra spilkes?
I may replace my stego if they do, plus the ceratsaurus and carnotaurus  b/c I dont like their paint jobs...and the Trex b/c mine has those stupid snowshoes that dont even let it stand.

DinoLord

Last we heard was that Dan was trying to get Battat to allow him to update the Stegosaurus sculpt and waiting on their final word.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: DinoLord on July 07, 2015, 07:52:22 PM
Last we heard was that Dan was trying to get Battat to allow him to update the Stegosaurus sculpt and waiting on their final word.
I remember him saying no feathers for the utahraptor and gallimimus before, so I assume there won't be any modifications made to anything else, unfortunately.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

DinoLord

Huh, I remember him saying he was also waiting on Battat about sculpting feathers for those two - did they end up saying no?

Gwangi

Thanks for the inventory checker Blade. Naturally my local Target is one of the only stores that according to that thing, doesn't have them. I'm sure they will be soon though. I've waited this long, I suppose I can wait awhile longer. But I reallllly don't wanna wait anymore!

Simon

Quote from: DinoLord on July 07, 2015, 08:41:35 PM
Huh, I remember him saying he was also waiting on Battat about sculpting feathers for those two - did they end up saying no?

I believe (you can scroll upthread and you may find the post) that he said that at present they were not inclined to make any changes to the original sculpts.  I hope that all of the original pieces will be re-released, and that they won't stop at the larger pieces because of their size...

I do hope that Dan is doing better in his battle with his illness, frankly I am a little concerned as we haven't heard from him for awhile ... Dan, if you read this, sending prayers and best wishes for your continuing battle and recovery ...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on July 07, 2015, 08:49:29 PM
Thanks for the inventory checker Blade. Naturally my local Target is one of the only stores that according to that thing, doesn't have them. I'm sure they will be soon though. I've waited this long, I suppose I can wait awhile longer. But I reallllly don't wanna wait anymore!

I know how you feel..I'm wondering if there is a fourth one I haven't found. At least it lets you check instead of wasting gas..and you can check whenever you want without having to call, hope an employee is willing to check and know what your talking about.. ;)

A guy on FB said he saw these at Barnes and Noble..take with a grain of salt as it's the first I've heard.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: terrorchicken on July 07, 2015, 06:47:24 PM
Quote from: Takama on July 06, 2015, 08:37:23 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on July 06, 2015, 06:29:18 PM
I have the original set except for the diplodocus. These were my favorite models for a long time, but anyone know why the heck they gave the stego 8 tail spikes?  ???
I have the newer cryolopho and dacentrurus but I dont now if Ill get the therizino and I prefer the safari pachy.

At the time the model was first made, the species of Stegosaurus that it was based on was thought to have had 8 spikes. Now a days, it is no longer accepted, so the model is a relic of a time when Scientists thought differently.

oh now I think I remember seeing a scientific drawing of a stego like that, in an old dino book I have. So I guess if they rerelease the figure for the Terra line theyll remove the extra spilkes?
I may replace my stego if they do, plus the ceratsaurus and carnotaurus  b/c I dont like their paint jobs...and the Trex b/c mine has those stupid snowshoes that dont even let it stand.

If you have an old Carnegie Triceratops, lay it face down on it's side and place the snowshoe Rex's forward foot between the legs on the upward side of the belly. Mine stands pretty well like that and it's a cool base/scene.

Takama

OK i went to my local Target today and i found nothing but the original Four on clearance.

I asked an Employee to look up the UPC to see if they will get them in and she said yes, but another Employee came to look, and she said no.   However when she looks it up at Target.Com, it gives her a picture of the Decentrurus, So i don't know if that other lady was referring to the fact that there not getting any more of the original four in, or if the new ones wont be in for a while.

Sim

I really appreciate the very kind offers to get these for those of us not in the US. :)  I might take someone up on that!

I'm really happy that now it's confirmed more than 2 Battat dinosaurs are being released this year!  The sculpts and level of accuracy of these figures are both still very good, which is impressive considering these were sculpted in the 1990s!  Dan really is a great artist and person!

To my surprise, out of the 3 in Blade's photos, the one I'm most drawn to is the Ceratosaurus.  It looks better than I expected.

Regarding changes to the reissues, the last thing I saw about that was the following post by Dan:
Quote from: loru1588 on March 05, 2015, 02:27:18 PM
You know the expression "Be careful what you wish for"? Well evidently, the demand for the repainted reissue of the former MOS Boston Series has been so large that Battat is releasing some of them later this year under the Terra Series label. No changes will be made at this time. Maybe sometime in the not too distant future I will be allowed/able to make any and all changes/corrections to the pieces that need them. You wanted them, you got them!

Dinoguy2

Was at my local Target today for other things and decided to check... a bunch of therizinosaurs and a couple dragons left. Hopefully they'll order some new stock once those sell.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Yutyrannus

Does anyone know if the re-issued Triceratops in Target yet?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 07, 2015, 10:34:11 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 07, 2015, 08:49:29 PM

I know how you feel..I'm wondering if there is a fourth one I haven't found. At least it lets you check instead of wasting gas..and you can check whenever you want without having to call, hope an employee is willing to check and know what your talking about.. ;)

A guy on FB said he saw these at Barnes and Noble..take with a grain of salt as it's the first I've heard.

My local B&N just started carrying Schleich so that is probably what he saw. 

QuoteDoes anyone know if the re-issued Triceratops in Target yet?

Trust me, when someone finds it you'll know about it.  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: