You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Checks avalibilty of Acrocanthosaurus, and apparently its avalible now in all Stores in my region.   My mom is near one as we speak, im having her check it to see if its there.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on July 30, 2015, 05:33:17 PM
Checks avalibilty of Acrocanthosaurus, and apparently its avalible now in all Stores in my region.   My mom is near one as we speak, im having her check it to see if its there.

Was that for the Acro specifically or the larger asst in general? Using that one DCPI says the larger 9.99 asst. is in stock at all stores here too.

Takama

I Pasted the Code for the Acro, and it gave me a list of places that said had the large assortment.

It says that only two are for sale, i hope my mom finds one. I will post pics if i get it

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on July 30, 2015, 05:47:48 PM
I Pasted the Code for the Acro, and it gave me a list of places that said had the large assortment.

It says that only two are for sale, i hope my mom finds one. I will post pics if i get it

That was the code us given us earlier, not sure it's for the Acro or not though..I'm still confused by the assortment name and the price is only 9.99 not 13.99 as listed in the pic that was posted with the DCPI.

Mine has said there was two on the shelf and 4 in the back for week or so, but I never saw any on the shelf.

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 30, 2015, 06:06:03 PM

That was the code us given us earlier, not sure it's for the Acro or not though..I'm still confused by the assortment name and the price is only 9.99 not 13.99 as listed in the pic that was posted with the DCPI.

Mine has said there was two on the shelf and 4 in the back for week or so, but I never saw any on the shelf.

Thanks for Tarnishing my hope for obtaining one today >:( :P ;)

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: Sim on July 30, 2015, 05:22:53 PM
I hope you'll share photos of your customised Nanshiungosaurus! :)

I hope it's worth sharing! ;) I've never customized anything before, so I bought some Schleich minis for practice. The irony is that each of the minis cost more than the marked down Nanshiungosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on July 30, 2015, 06:09:52 PM

Just doing my part as an eternal non-optimist! lol

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 30, 2015, 06:43:09 PM
Quote from: Takama on July 30, 2015, 06:09:52 PM

Just doing my part as an eternal non-optimist! lol

I should of known, you are a part time Killer Clown from Outer Space each year, so bad luck must come from you  :P

Takama

Wel my mom was there, and she said they did not have any of them.     :( :'( They said that they will get a truck in tommorow, but rather or not they will let me buy them is Something Im concerned about

Sim

I wonder if it's because different dinosaurs in the large assortment have different prices?  I would guess they would since there's a significant size difference between the larger Battat dinosaurs (Parasaurolophus, Tyrannosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus and Diplodocus).  Maybe 9.99 is Parasaurolophus, 13.99 Acrocanthosaurus, with Tyrannosaurus costing a bit more and Diplodocus a bit more still?

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on July 30, 2015, 06:19:33 PM

I hope it's worth sharing! ;) I've never customized anything before, so I bought some Schleich minis for practice. The irony is that each of the minis cost more than the marked down Nanshiungosaurus.
Hehe, good luck and have fun! :)

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 30, 2015, 05:29:07 PM
Totally get that reference! lol My mom, when she worked at Kmart, used to be their only licensed forklift driver so we spent a lot of time in the back prowling around as kids.

I haven't been in the back of a Target before, but Target employees have often told me they would go in the back and look for something for me though when I give them the DCPI. So far it's not been an issue, normally they offer to go look without me asking.  I've managed to get my Jada RC JP Jeep that way and the JW Strike and Stomp Rex.

Myself and others often offer to go look in back just to appease the customer, knowing full well it probably is not back there or if it is, it's inaccessible. It's always worth a look though and sometimes we get lucky and actually do find what the customer was looking for. It works better with larger products not packed in boxes but if it's a day where we're stocking or something there might be some boxes sitting out we can dig through.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sim on July 30, 2015, 11:25:08 PM
I wonder if it's because different dinosaurs in the large assortment have different prices?  I would guess they would since there's a significant size difference between the larger Battat dinosaurs (Parasaurolophus, Tyrannosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus and Diplodocus).  Maybe 9.99 is Parasaurolophus, 13.99 Acrocanthosaurus, with Tyrannosaurus costing a bit more and Diplodocus a bit more still?

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on July 30, 2015, 06:19:33 PM

Hehe, good luck and have fun! :)

That's a good point, hopefully that's the case.

dinosaurdungeon

Brand new website for the terra products!!!  http://www.terrauniverse.com/   Just went live yesterday. I only found out because I talked to them on the phone. they are calling me back Monday with a place in Canada to buy them. (hopefully)

Patrx

Wow! The "Dinosaurs" page has images of more of the  Battat re-releases. Maybe this means that the Amargasaurus, Carnotaurus, Ceratosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus will be joined by the Stegosaurus, Euoplocephalus, and Parasaurolophus soon?

Pachyrhinosaurus

Hopefully this means more retail stores will carry them as well. I like Target but these would be nice to see in places like museum shops or toy stores as well.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Paleona

Very cool find!  If only we could order directly from the website.  :))  This gives me hope that the Para will be released soon! 
Looks like some people will be disappointed to see that the Stego still has 8 spikes, though...

dinosaurdungeon

Patrx

suspsy

It certainly would be great if these were sold in stores other than Target. The Stegosaurus is disappointing though.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoLord

Huh, I guess Battat wouldn't let Dan retool the Stegosaurus. I wonder how this bodes for the Gallimimus and Utahraptor...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: