You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Entering the field, we are REBOR! 1:35 scale Yutyrannus Huali museum class model

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, August 28, 2014, 11:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Quote from: Megalosaurus on November 19, 2014, 04:12:04 PM
Well, I agree with most of your comments. But what figures sell best? Yes the AWESOMEBRO ones. So that needed shift in the market is not going to happen soon.

I don't think there's enough comparative data to answer that question properly just yet.

nobunaga

received the yutyrannus from rebor, i can say it's a very good figure but not so good to justify that price. The quality is equal to papo, but the price is double; that base is useless for me and makes me suspect they put it inside only to help the figure stand...
Good figure that make me appreciate more Papo (inspite the unusual poor quality of dilo paint)

Megalosaurus

Quote from: nobunaga on December 04, 2014, 11:19:07 PM
[...]that base is useless for me and makes me suspect they put it inside only to help the figure stand...[...]
OK...That's really the purpose of the bases in most lines to date (favorite & collecta for example).
Overpriced figure? Yes, I agree, but it doesn't stop me to buy. If it is in pair with Papo standars, its a good thing to me. Many people blame Papo for its inaccuracy, but most of them buy their figures anyway. So it can be also true for REBOR, time will tell.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Bokisaurus

I have to say, although I am not a big fan of desktop figures ( mostly due to the high price ;D), I do end up picking up one or two if the price is right.
Well, I found this figure from a US seller, so it was really reasonable in the end.
I have to say, it's a really beautiful figure with very impressive attention to all the detail. I really like this figure. its like a hybrid between PVC and Resin. The details on this is up to par with many of the Kinto/Favorite desktop figures, if not better.
I am very impress with how well the articulated jaw fits so flawlessly. Anyway, if you can find a cheap one, it is worth getting IMHO, really for less than $50, it a good price, and comes in a nicely designed box, too  :D
Photos show both the mouth closed and open, which is nice.
[]

Manatee

I would only buy it if it went for around the same price as the Papo Allosaurus, which is never going to happen. I have the Allosaurus, and the Rebor model appears to be the same size and of no better quality. I would probably display it as an Allosaurus, too.

Arul

ladyferry

Both my Rebor figures have just arrived and I absolutely LOVE them! does anyone know who makes (non expensive) acrylic display cases as I feel they are worthy of a display case each?

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: ladyferry on December 13, 2014, 03:55:20 PM
Both my Rebor figures have just arrived and I absolutely LOVE them! does anyone know who makes (non expensive) acrylic display cases as I feel they are worthy of a display case each?
I'm not sure what size you'd need, but I've had luck with the Container Store's selection of cases in their "collections" section.

TJ_Terrorsaur

I've hinted at wanting this guy from the holidays to my step-mom, who accidentally let me know what I was getting when she asked about UK shipping times to the US. LOL. So now I'm eagerly awaiting Y-Rex and King Rex this holiday season. :D

croatasaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: croatasaurus on December 22, 2014, 04:12:30 PM
Wow,how the REBOR did somethnig so cool and detailed?

They found a skilled artist. Much like Papo's go to guy I think.

Dinomike

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 22, 2014, 04:54:55 PM
Quote from: croatasaurus on December 22, 2014, 04:12:30 PM
Wow,how the REBOR did somethnig so cool and detailed?

They found a skilled artist. Much like Papo's go to guy I think.

It would be really awesome to know who the artist is! Maybe the same guy freelancing for the two companies?  Haha! Who knows!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

SpittersForEver

I am 100% getting this, It's a shame about the feathers but I like the idea of losing some feathers when it gets into warmer months just like an arctic fox's coat.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SpittersForEver on December 23, 2014, 09:16:04 AM
I am 100% getting this, It's a shame about the feathers but I like the idea of losing some feathers when it gets into warmer months just like an arctic fox's coat.
But artic foxes don't go partially bald in the summer. The fur just gets thinner. So the comparison doesn't really work.

Paleogene Pals

Right, when most fur-bearing mammals go bald, they likely have mange. 

Manatee

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 23, 2014, 12:30:05 PM
But artic foxes don't go partially bald in the summer. The fur just gets thinner. So the comparison doesn't really work.
Exactly; it's not like a shedding animal is going to be covered in scales underneath their fur/feathers. Using the "losing feathers" argument for an animal known to be as fluffy as Yutyrannus doesn't work if you're going to replace them with a different type of integument entirely.

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Manatee on December 23, 2014, 02:09:52 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 23, 2014, 12:30:05 PM
Exactly; it's not like a shedding animal is going to be covered in scales underneath their fur/feathers. Using the "losing feathers" argument for an animal known to be as fluffy as Yutyrannus doesn't work if you're going to replace them with a different type of integument entirely.

Oh, just an idea, but as usual I'm proven wrong....

utd7

Hi guys I would just like to start with wishing all of you guys a very Happy New Year. I am sure you all heard of the new company REBOR which has made a couple of beautiful models of T-Rex and Yutyrannus. The thing I really like about them is that they are done in a PAPO style which is my favourite of all the dino toy makers eventhough I like Schleich and Collecta. Before Christmas they announced a couple of new future releases for this year and I did not find a thread for them so I thought I would do one myself. One is a Triceratops hatchling which looks really nice coming out this month and a magnificent Utahraptor coming out in March. Only the box art is shown but it looks awesome and can't wait for a real photo of it. Here is a link: http://www.minizoo.com.au/categories/Rebor/
We live in a Jurassic World

CityRaptor

Really? Another REBOR Thread...how many of those do we have by now? 5? 6? Or more?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Arul

Hi  :) we talk about each rebor figure in separate thread, we always talk about it. You even can found each thread in "recent topic" sometimes  :D so you can join the thread to talk about it not need to make a new topic. just to avoid spam and keep the focus discussion

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: