You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Concavenator and Pelecanimimus by Araki Kazunari?

Started by A.Garcia, September 01, 2014, 07:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

well yes most certainly, but I meant if they would add that much they could really just add some more, seems odd to me to only add a few quills just on the arms

still looks amazing, its a little thing that gets me about concavenator reconstructions in general

John

I absolutely love that Pelecanimimus,it's very well done. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Daspletodave

The Concavenator looks very similar to the Araki Allosaurus - it even has the base.

Nebuloid

Wow I need these ! Been searching everywhere the last hour, they are nowhere to be found...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hopefully Dan or Dean can get a quantity of them.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 16, 2014, 08:25:39 AM
Hopefully Dan or Dean can get a quantity of them.

Yeah, when I saw this thread re-opened I was hoping it was something about their availability.

DinoLord

I think it was mentioned in another thread that so far these are exclusive to one museum in Japan. They aren't even on YAJ yet.

SBell

Quote from: DinoLord on September 16, 2014, 01:53:53 PM
I think it was mentioned in another thread that so far these are exclusive to one museum in Japan. They aren't even on YAJ yet.

I just spoke to someone with connections--there are two museums, and they won't ship them anywhere, not even in Japan. And they're limited.

The only way Dan, Dean or anyone is getting them is to take a trip to Japan and buy a bunch. Clawmark toys? Their mark up would be brutal...but they are there.

Daspletodave

Nebuloid

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Daspletodave on September 20, 2014, 09:54:29 PM
It is now listed on EBAY for $60 plus shipping.

Yap, it is worth it for me for something so exclusive and very limited release ( I think it ends next month?)

Roselaar

Quote from: Bokisaurus on September 24, 2014, 01:43:04 AM
something so exclusive and very limited release ( I think it ends next month?)

Thanks for scaring me into buying the last one!  ;D

Until the seller relists them again. Or until they pop up all over the web for very cheap.  ;)

Alexxitator

Quote from: Seijun on September 01, 2014, 09:29:31 PM
I only wish concav had more feathers, or none at all. The tiny ones on the arms look strange, and I can't imagine what use they would serve.

The arm-feathers made me think of this World of Warcraft raptor  ^-^
Very nice figures indeed.
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Nebuloid

Quote from: Roselaar on September 24, 2014, 02:28:30 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on September 24, 2014, 01:43:04 AM
something so exclusive and very limited release ( I think it ends next month?)

Thanks for scaring me into buying the last one!  ;D

Until the seller relists them again. Or until they pop up all over the web for very cheap.  ;)

Nice one ! Now there'll be two in the Netherlands... ;)

postsaurischian

The box set is about USD $16.00 at the museum ... hm ... I think I still don't wanna pay the USD $ 86.00 :(.

Nebuloid

Here they are !

Will take some better photos this sunday. For now I'd like to say they look better than the internet pictures, less "muddy".

And look at the extra stuff that was in the package :

8)

Bokisaurus

Got mine too :)) For me, it was really worth the cost for these two figures. They are absolutely beautiful figures. I am happy I got the set.

Nebuloid

Nice ! When I saw them the first time I knew I'd regret it forever if I didn't buy them, so happy I did !
You also got some cool flyers/folders with them, and a museum ticket ? Thats awesome.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Nebuloid on September 26, 2014, 08:03:30 PM
Nice ! When I saw them the first time I knew I'd regret it forever if I didn't buy them, so happy I did !
You also got some cool flyers/folders with them, and a museum ticket ? Thats awesome.
Yap, we got it from the same seller... he is my to-go-to contact in Japan ^-^

Nebuloid

Quote from: Bokisaurus on September 26, 2014, 08:11:14 PM
Quote from: Nebuloid on September 26, 2014, 08:03:30 PM
Yap, we got it from the same seller... he is my to-go-to contact in Japan ^-^

Oh ok I just asked that in another topic, he's a great seller !

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: