You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Concavenator and Pelecanimimus by Araki Kazunari?

Started by A.Garcia, September 01, 2014, 07:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.Garcia

Has anyone seen this? From what I could get out of the translation, it seems to be exclusive to an exhibition at the Fukui Dinosaur Museum.

The Pelecanimimus looks exciting, and the Concavenator is nice, especially for anyone who likes the style of the newer Favorite theropods. Maybe some forum members have the means of finding something like this.

From here. (translated)

tyrantqueen

They look lovely, I wonder what the scale is? Kazunari Araki never fails to impress :)

postsaurischian

:o Wow! Thanks for the info!
Must-haves to me! Especially the Pelecanimimus.

New 2014 figures keep on being released. I wonder if these are the last ones.

Wellnhoferia

Can these be bought from the website that you listed?

Patrx

That Pelecanimimus is a must-have. I hope some means of obtaining these arises!

Roselaar

Wow, these look grand! Likely just another pair of very hard to find Japanese high quality models. And there's so many of those already... :-/

Pelecanimimus is out of the Unique Species List then. :)

stargatedalek

at first I thought konkabenatoru might have been the brand, but its concavenator (in Spanish?)
I think the dinosaurs names have been translated from Spanish to Japanese, and then to English which leaves us with the Spanish names

DinoLord

These look awesome. I wonder how long it is before some show up on YAJ...

stoneage

stargatedalek

a very rough scale estimate (I had to use the guys hand as a reference) gives me 1:37.5

tyrantqueen

QuoteCan these be bought from the website that you listed?
No, that is KA's personal blog. They would not be for sale on there 8)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hopefully one of our friendly neighborhood  dino dealers can procure some!

A.Garcia

I assumed these could be hard to get. If anyone does, be sure to take lots of pictures! I, for one, have never gotten any limited edition Japanese figures. (Saurolophus...sigh... :)))

Gwangi

Wow are those beautiful or what! I assume since they come from Japan I'll never see them in person but I would love to have this pair.

Seijun

I only wish concav had more feathers, or none at all. The tiny ones on the arms look strange, and I can't imagine what use they would serve.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

WOW I relly want this.

But I don't think I will be able to own it.     Unless Dans Dinosaurs or Dejankins gets it in stock(The latter is having trouble getting these new Favorite Models though :( )

Gwangi

Quote from: Seijun on September 01, 2014, 09:29:31 PM
I only wish concav had more feathers, or none at all. The tiny ones on the arms look strange, and I can't imagine what use they would serve.

I didn't even notice them until you brought it up. I agree, all or nothing.

stargatedalek

I've seen it pretty often, concavenator depicted with quills or feathers only on its arms
well we do have scale impressions from the underside of the tail, but its the underside of the tail, no reason to not at least feather its entire arms/shoulders

Jetoar

Lovely replicas of the most famous dinosaurs of mt country  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 02, 2014, 01:28:28 AM
I've seen it pretty often, concavenator depicted with quills or feathers only on its arms
well we do have scale impressions from the underside of the tail, but its the underside of the tail, no reason to not at least feather its entire arms/shoulders
Opinion is divided on whether the so called "quill knobs" actually are quills/feathers, or whether they are muscle attachment points.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: