News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

good figure combination based on its scale

Started by Arul, September 22, 2014, 03:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

Greetings :) i want to combine some of paposaurs figure for my next hand made diorama,in my mind is (raptor + styraco) & (stego + allo).my question is,between those 2 combination,which one is macth with real life scale ? Or you guys know other good combination maybe hehehe.really sorry for maybe my bad english  :-\

Federreptil

The combination of the Allosaurus and the Stegosaurus should work, both are in scale nearly 1/40. The Styracosaurus is smaller than the Triceratops and so this model is also approx. 1/40. But the Velociraptor is a smaller dinosaur like a massive crow so here is the scale of the Papo and Schleich model more 1/10. A model from Kaiyodo Dinotales or the Tamiya kit is here a better companion. The Velociraptors in Jurassic Park are much bigger than the real scale of the fossil record – they are in size like an Utahraptor.

Arul

Yeah my friends here chose stego+allo too :D here in indonesia the most famous dinosaur figure is papo,so its difficult to find kaiyodo dinotales or tamiya here...thanks for your advice sir :D

Arul

Another question  :) how about from safari figure.megalodon and tylosaurus maybe ? And did they lived is same era ?

Pachyrhinosaurus

I don't know about scale as I don't have the megalodon, but megalodon is from the Cenozoic (Miocene??) and tylosaurus is from the Cretaceous period. There was a related shark, cretoxyrhina, which lived, to my knowledge, with tylosaurus. I used the WS bull shark for it.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Arul

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on November 03, 2014, 04:29:39 AM
I don't know about scale as I don't have the megalodon, but megalodon is from the Cenozoic (Miocene??) and tylosaurus is from the Cretaceous period. There was a related shark, cretoxyrhina, which lived, to my knowledge, with tylosaurus. I used the WS bull shark for it.

Thank you for the reply  :) to discuss this specifically i will move to paleontology thread :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.