News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mojo - new for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 12, 2014, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

how could you possibly know? it only shows the neck and part of the head in this pic

tyrantqueen

I don't see any difference ??? The detailing looks inferior to the stock image, but that might be due to the lighting and the closeness of the photography. Maybe they fixed the hands.

I just checked out the conversation that Concavenator and Roger were having on that thread btw.

QuoteAlthough we also have some dino experts here, I have myself suggested Mojo to cooperate with DTF as they do with their wildlife range with STS. Have you ever thought why that cooperation never started? Have you seen the REBOR massacre on DTF?

I guess that is why we never heard back from Mojo about the new dinosaurs :-\

Takama

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 15, 2014, 06:24:23 PM
is it just me or does it look worse? like the detail quality is lesser
perhaps they will come in multiple sizes

I think you might be right.  Now that I look at it it seems that there's going to be two sizes

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 15, 2014, 08:55:17 PM
I don't see any difference ??? The detailing looks inferior to the stock image, but that might be due to the lighting and the closeness of the photography. Maybe they fixed the hands.

I just checked out the conversation that Concavenator and Roger were having on that thread btw.

QuoteAlthough we also have some dino experts here, I have myself suggested Mojo to cooperate with DTF as they do with their wildlife range with STS. Have you ever thought why that cooperation never started? Have you seen the REBOR massacre on DTF?

I guess that is why we never heard back from Mojo about the new dinosaurs :-\

The notion that Mojo would consult with us came about a couple of years ago I believe, and ASAIK we never heard much after that. I doubt this issue with REBOR that occurred much more recently had anything to do with it.

DinoToyForum

I created a new topic for the discussion about the nature of our community: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2706.0

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Concavenator on October 15, 2014, 07:11:01 PM
At least,it's more accurate.
Sorry kidos.
Its not acurate...

DinoToyForum

Oh well :( Mojo's animals are all so great (http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?board=23.0) but it looks like the dinosaurs have drawn the short straw. Poor thing.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 16, 2014, 02:05:05 PM
Oh well :( Mojo's animals are all so great (http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?board=23.0) but it looks like the dinosaurs have drawn the short straw. Poor thing.
That a thing I dont understand. Mojo made great animals and prehistoric mammals so well. But the dinosaurs...lets hope the Basilosaurus will be great as the prehistoric mammals.

CityRaptor

Well, Basilosaurus, despite wanting to hang out with the cool kids, is still a mammal, so I see no reason why they should mess it up.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoToyForum

The details on the full size image look different to the 'sneak peek'.

Manatee

Quote from: RolandEden on October 16, 2014, 12:44:52 PM
Sorry kidos.
Its not acurate...

Oh, I see...
I sure hope the Basilosaurus ends up turning out well. From that link to the ATF, their present-day marine creatures look good. Talking about the dinosaurs, however, it's almost as if they are intentionally messing them up. Have they ever looked at a reference picture?
(sorry if I'm being too harsh.)

tyrantqueen

QuoteTalking about the dinosaurs, however, it's almost as if they are intentionally messing them up. Have they ever looked at a reference picture?
I remember the guys at Mojo saying something along the lines of that even they were not satisfied with their own dinosaurs, and wanted to improve them. That's why they came to the forum in the first place, to ask for advice on how to improve.

I don't know what happened. Maybe they got caught up with other things, and lost interest. Here's my message to the guys at Mojo: if you want to improve your dinosaurs, we are here, ready to give advice if need be. You're welcome back anytime :)

Hynerpeton

Quote from: RolandEden on October 16, 2014, 12:44:52 PM
Sorry kidos.
Its not acurate...

I like this feathered Dino. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

CityRaptor

Really? Aside from not being accurate, I think it looks rather derpy...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Well even bad dinosaurs can have their charm. I think the Mojo models have a certain appeal to them, they look like they have potential. There are things I like about a lot of the models but then there are all the inaccuracies that just spoil the rest of the model.

Hynerpeton

I don't have one yet. But I plan too.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Manatee on October 16, 2014, 10:00:10 PM
however, it's almost as if they are intentionally messing them up. Have they ever looked at a reference picture?

(sorry if I'm being too harsh.)

Why do you think they never returned to the forums for consultation? They are fully aware of their previous efforts (Hunchback of Notre-Dame T-rex) and they want to continue making atrocious T-rexes and various theropods. Lets face it, derp sells.

stargatedalek

I have admit that (the more detailed version of) the raptor is interesting
not that I would buy one, but I can see the appeal

sauroid

arent these supposed to be 2015 releases? i think they should be included in the first post.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoLord

The Stegosaurus actually looked pretty good until I saw the feet.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: